getting back online with nintendo ds and psp/switch compatibiltiy

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Re: getting back online with nintendo ds and psp/switch compatibiltiy

Post#11 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#12 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:24 pm

I didn't have to go into security settings at all. Just plugged it in to my new router and it was good to go. Don't know about yours though.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#13 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:12 pm

do you have dsl?

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#14 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:15 pm

i have a really old belkin router downstairs in a box from my old apartment but that was when we had cable internet like 10 years ago. wonder if that woukd work connected to my dsl router

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#15 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:15 pm

I have cable, but I don't think it'll matter if you plug a cable router into a dsl router. Give it a try, you've got nothing to lose.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#16 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:41 pm

well i tried the belkin router but i think the problem is its actually not a wireless router...i think its lan only or something....my OCD is kicking in real bad now so i wont stop until i find a fix...lol!..

I just got the ds lite several weeks back because i wanted to start collecting and playing GBA games and the ds seems to be the best way to go...and picked up mario kart and a few other games. i actually had the ds originally back in like 2006 for a couple years...used to play mario kart online and ultimate mortal kombat online for ds... then traded it in at gamestop for wii..i think...

anyway, i'm just gonna see if i can find an old wireless router

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#17 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:44 pm

I actually had a similar issue. I went to a thrift store to buy an old router, paid $3 for one, got it home, found out that it was a really old one with no wireless support. Then I found the one I'm currently using at an estate sale.

Once you actually get the router working, getting onto the private server is easy. All it requires is a DNS change. Besides Mario Kart, what online games do you have? I have Mario Kart, Warioware DIY, a few Pokemon games, and some other random games that no one ever plays online.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#18 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:54 pm

right now other than mario kart i dont have any other online ds titles..i just started picking these games up again...i plan on getting that mortal kombat game again....might get some of the ones you have and we can play ds online together....btw, i tried to set up a wifi hotspot again on my laptop today...i can set it up but when i click on where it says "waiting for users" on my laptop it just says no strenght or poor signal...tried to conect ds to it but says the strength is too weak basically

anyway, cant wait to get this going hopefully

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#19 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:48 pm

Setting up a laptop hotspot that the DS can connect to is apparently feasible, but not on windows 10. You'd have to use Linux or something. Do you have an android phone? You can create a hotspot with that, which is how many people get their DS online.

Do you have a Wii? It uses the same private servers as the DS (Wiimmfi) and can connect to most modern internet connections. We could play that too if you want.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#20 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:41 pm

yea i was using a work laptopwith windows 7. its easy to set up the hotspot and it shows the hotspot and waiting for users in the network tray, but has zero signal strength. so on the ds it tries to connect but says something like signal not strong enough or something...

yes i have a wii...was actually playing blackops online with it few nights ago..i need to connect to wimmfi on it too