sege kara servers?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

nickle241
noob

sege kara servers?

Post#1 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 am

from what ive seen there is a good selection of games back up, but i'm wondering is anyone has done anything with the karaoke peripheral servers, i've got the device but for obvious reasons its kind of a brick and it would be nice to find if theres any progress or even any desire to bring it back

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Re: sege kara servers?

Post#2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:19 pm

I remember seeing some music files inside the Sega Kara GDI. Maybe we could change some hex numbers to access this content and create a new CDI (Like someone did with the Shenmue passport).
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

nickle241
noob

Post#3 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:10 pm

honestly i dont care about the original software beyond the interface, would it be simpler to make a new server program that just responds to the net requests of the original disk using a rebuilt database of our own creation such as a library of modern english language karaoke tracks or even make it read off of disks treating the disk drive of a connected pc as a track to be streamed?
as for the stuff on the disk past info hunting seems to indicate that thats just the software sound, not any songs

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#4 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:47 am

I for one would be very interested in this. Imo the karaoke is the best peripheral for the system. dreamcast karaoke parties anyone? Would be so awesome.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#5 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:10 am

so do it then and start interest, get your dc online, capture what it sends and experiment.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#6 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:33 pm

Most Dreamcast owners do not own that very rare peripheral, thus so little resources of human/user help exists. I'd help if I had one, sorry.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs