[USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

cricci121
shadow

Re: [USB GDROM] Troubleshooting & Firmware updates

Post#121 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:51 pm

It has been a little over six weeks since I received his email for the paypal order and I still have not received it. I know everyone says to wait but I am growing weary. On his website it now says "In most cases, ship out at next working day after payment." so I feel like it should be here already. Should I just email him or just calm down and keep waiting.

Xiden
Developer

Post#122 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:42 pm

cricci121 wrote:It has been a little over six weeks since I received his email for the paypal order and I still have not received it. I know everyone says to wait but I am growing weary. On his website it now says "In most cases, ship out at next working day after payment." so I feel like it should be here already. Should I just email him or just calm down and keep waiting.

If its been over 90 days he says to email him and he will ship out another unit.

RetrogamerX
rebel

Post#123 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:57 am

I can't get my Dreamcast with usb gdrom to work on my 4ktv. It works fine on my other 4k dispaly but not this model Samsung ue49ks9000.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#124 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:21 am

How are you connecting it? Not all TVs support the Dreamcast's VGA signal. Honestly I'm surprised a UHDTV even has a VGA input, if that's what you're using...
"Fear the HUnewearl."

RetrogamerX
rebel

Post#125 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:How are you connecting it? Not all TVs support the Dreamcast's VGA signal. Honestly I'm surprised a UHDTV even has a VGA input, if that's what you're using...

Well now that you say that I was using a OSSC through a VGA box and did the same thing. I was using a GEKKO DC HDMI from the Beharbros. It did the same thing on both. I used my family 4kTV and it worked perfect, but not mine? That's ok I'll just live with it until I get another TV.

RXShorty
photon blast

Post#126 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Other TV or try a Framemeister before buying ;)
DreamOn!

cricci121
shadow

Post#127 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:15 am

I got the USB GDROM and installed about 200gb worth of games onto my PNY 256GB flash drive but about half of the games I try to play freeze before I even get to play them. Opening the lid does not reset it because they are frozen. Any idea why?

RXShorty
photon blast

Post#128 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:36 am

Have you already replaced the battery in the Dreamcast?
DreamOn!

cricci121
shadow

Post#129 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:06 am

Yeah I soldered in a brand new one when I installed the USB GDROM

Xiden
Developer

Post#130 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:33 pm

cricci121 wrote:Yeah I soldered in a brand new one when I installed the USB GDROM

Are the bad games breaking consistantly and the good ones running consistantly? If so probably a bad image. If its all random then try the power fix. You will need to remove the power supply, clean with 99% alchohol and the pins need to be bent gently with needle nose pliers toward the rear of the console. Reinstall everything.