Sega Swirl E-Mail Challenge Setup Guide (DreamPi)

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Blayer98
Anarki

Re: Sega Swirl E-Mail Challenge Setup Guide (DreamPi)

Post#21 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Xiden wrote:hmmm maybe certain versions didnt contain the email challenge :/

The version of Sega Swirl I have is the DreamOn Volume 18 version, Sega Swirl was first distributed on DreamOn Volume 8 but trying to get it as a separate disc & case is proving hard for me seeing as other sellers are bundling the disc with other releases...

EDIT: I've seen a YouTube video showcasing the game on Volume 8 and that version doesn't have Email Challenge either... Looks like Email Challenge was exclusive to the US...

UltimateOverlord
shadow

Post#22 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:18 am

I keep getting authentication errors. Where exactly do I enter the information? Do I need to enter the Gmail account or address? Just wondering. I am using Wi-Fi so maybe that's the issue? (even though I am using the latest version)

Xiden
Developer

Post#23 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:13 pm

UltimateOverlord wrote:I keep getting authentication errors. Where exactly do I enter the information? Do I need to enter the Gmail account or address? Just wondering. I am using Wi-Fi so maybe that's the issue? (even though I am using the latest version)

You need a dc web browser disc to setup email. You enter the gmail address and pass there and you should be good to go. Make sure you can send/receive emails

UltimateOverlord
shadow

Post#24 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:53 pm

I know, and I've been using Planetweb 2.0 as my browser. But everytime it saves, I get an authentication error. I guess I just enter the address in that space, the password in that space, and where it says to enter the POP3 and SMTP server info I just enter the IP address the Pi gave me. Is that correct?

Xiden
Developer

Post#25 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:07 pm

Yes that is correct.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#26 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Seem's that ver 1.7 does not allow you to copy it into the boot drive anymore :?

Xiden
Developer

Post#27 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:54 pm

itsthinkingstill wrote:Seem's that ver 1.7 does not allow you to copy it into the boot drive anymore :?

Have you tried inserting your SDcard int your PC directly? Then drag and drop the .sh file into the boot drive. Just tried it myself and it copied :)

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#28 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:28 pm

Yeah i have a SD card reader, just seems to hate me

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#29 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:00 am

Same for me, it got all wacky after I did the login. This was unusable.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Xiden
Developer

Post#30 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:07 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:Same for me, it got all wacky after I did the login. This was unusable.

How did u copy the file over? Only reason I ask is cause I tried today via manual copy to the root folder on sd card and program ran good. :)