DreamPi 1.7 issue

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Dostuff
dark night

DreamPi 1.7 issue

Post#1 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:03 pm

I'm having a problem with version 1.7 I have set up mine and another friend's dreampi so I feel confident I have not missed anything. I have written the disk image to the SD card, inserted and booted the pi, I logged in and enabled the wifi and added my network information. I then sudo rebooted, the pi does its thing and I get the command prompt to log in. The problem is my usb wifi adapter is not turned on nor do I get 2 green lights on my modem. I revert back to version 1.6 and everything works. The only think I can think of is the SD card I used for 1.7 has had a problem in the past. I'll get a new one and try it but in the mean time if anyone has a solution, I'd love to have it. Really looking forward to playing some 2K Sports like I did when it was on top of the world.

Simplebit
shadow

Re: DreamPi 1.7 issue

Post#2 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:07 am

have you applied the bug fix for 1.7

https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewto ... 20#p110933

Dostuff
dark night

Post#3 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:22 pm

Tried the manual fix but was not successful. I'll wait for the new image to be released. I hope it will be announced soon. Well, it looks like I have the fixed version. Hmmmmmm. Don't understand why it wont work. Guess no football for me.

Quick update, I am able to get version 1.7 to work through the ether-net cable but not with my wi-fi adapter. Seems my Canakit and tp-link USB wifi adapters don't work with 1.7. They work fine with 1.6. I cannot get any lights on the wifi adapters nor 2 green lights on the modem. Is there an update I need to make on my pi??

FInal update. I updated the pi using the 1.6 image. Took about 15 minutes, but after all that, my pi will not recognize my usb wifi still. 1.6 works however. So if there is no solution for this, then I'll have to buy another pi with wifi built in.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:04 pm

Dostuff wrote:Seems my Canakit and tp-link USB wifi adapters don't work with 1.7.

I have a Canakit Wi-Fi adapter and it works fine with 1.7. There must be something else wrong.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Dostuff
dark night

Post#5 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Maybe it's my pi2? Perhaps I need a 3 or the brand. I made 2 pi images using win32imager I downloaded and bot do the same thing. Do I need to format the sd card first and if so do I make a FAT32 or NTFS format?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#6 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:42 pm

Dostuff wrote:Maybe it's my pi2? Perhaps I need a 3 or the brand. I made 2 pi images using win32imager I downloaded and bot do the same thing. Do I need to format the sd card first and if so do I make a FAT32 or NTFS format?

It wouldn't be the Pi model (I've used 1.7 on all of them). I doubt it would be the image either since 1.6 is working for you. If I had to guess, I'd say either you put in your Wi-Fi details incorrectly or you didn't apply the 1.7 fix correctly.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Dostuff
dark night

Post#7 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:13 pm

So there is a fix?

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#8 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:21 pm

Dostuff
dark night

Post#9 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:24 pm

I thought that was added to the posted download. Just to clarify, I do unzip the zip file to burn the image. Right? I dont leave it compressed and then burn it?

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#10 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:38 pm

i didnt know the upload with that included was already online..