PSO v2 and Dreampi

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Sprag013
shadow

PSO v2 and Dreampi

Post#1 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Hello.

I apologize if this has been covered, (been years since I've been apart of a forum). I got a dreampi about a month ago and finally troubleshooted through an issue I was having. I'm trying to connect to PSO and everything seems to be ok with the dreampi and my system. However, after it verifies me and looks like it will put me into the game it freezes and sends me back to the main menu. I know I'm connecting because I can see my dreamcast (Unnamed 4e2029 us) on dreamcast now! come on and off as I do.

Does this happen often, as in I just gotta keep trying? Or is there something I can tweak on my end?

Thanks in advanced!

zionfarm
shadow

Re: PSO v2 and Dreampi

Post#2 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Having some issues with how to burn Sylverant PSO Patcher to the CD? Do I burn just the loader (Disc Image File) or the whole folder?

Sprag013
shadow

Post#3 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:01 pm

My copy is original and complete. Oh lmao you aren't trying to help me you are looking to discuss something entirely different.... haha I might be rusty to navigating forums but at least I remembered not to try to hijack someone else!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:38 pm

Sprag013 wrote:My copy is original and complete. Oh lmao you aren't trying to help me you are looking to discuss something entirely different....

Actually he pretty much answered your question. You need the Sylverant PSO Patcher if you're using an original US PSO v.2 disc. The patcher and burning software can be downloaded here. Burning instructions are included with the burning software.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Sprag013
shadow

Post#5 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:47 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote: Burning instructions are included with the burning software.

Oh man, that's the worst news/case for me... I've never been successful with playing anything I've burned on my dreamcast. I bought a refurbished one the day after they announced it was discontinued. I'll have to buy some blanks on amazon and at least give it a try.

Xiden
Developer

Post#6 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:46 pm

Sprag013 wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote: Burning instructions are included with the burning software.

Oh man, that's the worst news/case for me... I've never been successful with playing anything I've burned on my dreamcast. I bought a refurbished one the day after they announced it was discontinued. I'll have to buy some blanks on amazon and at least give it a try.

You might consider getting the Ives edition, its a prepatched all in one disc with bug fixes! Easier load on the laser. On a side note I recommend replacing your gdrom with a usbgdrom, gdemu, or ide hard drive mod. Makes life super easy! Sadly DC lasers arent very reliable these days.

http://psopalace.sylverant.net/downloads.html

zionfarm
shadow

Post#7 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:57 am

Would someone consider burning a CD with the patch on it for me please?
I have paypal so I can pay for your time and the CD.