For all of you Dreamcast Dev Teams:

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MrMaxxSand
lithium

For all of you Dreamcast Dev Teams:

Post#1 » Tue May 15, 2018 1:56 am

It's been a while, and I've bee busy and neglecting my passion as perhaps the only Game Investor in the whole scene...

For those unaware or who don't know/remember me, I'm Lotus/Maxx and I invest in new Dreamcast games if I find them to be of a high quality that the scene needs. If you or your team need financial backing to help gett he game done and out there, PM me here and we can discuss further. Please don't message my LotusToken account here on the forums as I rarely check it.

BloodBrother
core

Re: For all of you Dreamcast Dev Teams:

Post#2 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:12 am

That's awesome of you! Thanks for helping out the scene.
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#3 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:43 am

Hi there,

Thanks for the post. What games have you helped invest in the past.

Cheers for your contibution to the support of the Dreamcast.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

MrMaxxSand
lithium

Post#4 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:24 pm

Anonymouse wrote:Hi there,

Thanks for the post. What games have you helped invest in the past.

Cheers for your contibution to the support of the Dreamcast.

I supported Hypertension HOD (ongoing) and In The Line Of Fire (project failed as you know) as well as a few other projects that either failed or never went anywhere

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#5 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:28 am

Yes, I remember. There are so many dc projects right now its mind boggling. However something a bit different would be welcome. A contra style shooter or a fun overhead racer like the old amiga supercars but better would be cool. I think some guys announced a new rpg type game recently. Its in the news section.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#6 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:24 am

MrMaxxSand wrote:I supported Hypertension HOD (ongoing) and In The Line Of Fire (project failed as you know) as well as a few other projects that either failed or never went anywhere

I admire your dedication that after quite a few of failed projects, you are still willing to do this.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#7 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:09 pm

I'll be sure to remember this.
Thanks,

NeoDC Team.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#8 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:59 pm

I admire you also, Its a shme that the projects you have tried to help have failed. I don't have much hope for Hypertension. In the 10+ years that Corbyn/Coralyn has been 'developing' for the Dreamcast he/she has released nothing. Even Slave hasn't be released yet and it was finished before it was give to Corbyn/Coralyn.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

MrMaxxSand
lithium

Post#9 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Anonymouse wrote:I admire you also, Its a shme that the projects you have tried to help have failed. I don't have much hope for Hypertension. In the 10+ years that Corbyn/Coralyn has been 'developing' for the Dreamcast he/she has released nothing. Even Slave hasn't be released yet and it was finished before it was give to Corbyn/Coralyn.

SLaVE's problem was that Jay Townesend (The main most developer of the game) rushed through development and an oversight was made. A fatal error which caused very common game crashes or hard lockups was missed as well as a few bugs in the code whcih caused graphical errors and frame drops.

Being that he was only one guy, he enlisted Corbyn and her team to help patch the game up, which is a fairly lengthy process. This focus on fixing SLaVE put Hyptension on the backburner.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#10 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:49 am

Ah, Hypertension. That was probably the one I was most interested in for years, its a shame nothing came of it to this day. I seem to remember it beings said development of Hypertension shifted to the PC as the game / engine evolved. Or am I mistaken?