Post your setups

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Stewcumber
rebel

Re: Post your setups

Post#571 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:09 pm

After a bit of break (doing retro PC building and gaming) I got my Dreamcast set back up. I recall I even had it set up to go online a couple of months back and did some browsing, before some 'real life' happened and I never got any games in :/

krssn
Metallic

Post#572 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:31 pm

That coffee mug looks very Samba de Amigo... lol

carnage
shadow

Post#573 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:05 pm

Panasonic ZT60 60" NeoPDP TV
JAP console, sold as new recently (still unopened box). I did some soldering mods: R422 bridge for PAL60 output (not that it matters), double piggybacked BIOS mod running a custom version of the one included in the console with a reciept stating 2008 from the Direct store. I re-implemented the MIL-CD features and unlocked the region check, still original boot-splash, VGA check disabled, G1-ATA ready inside routed though serial AND power-in ports at the back, originally planned using my Hanzo-VGA adapter with scanlines Im selling, but got this HDMI-interface board below the GDEMU - the GDEMU Black Print. Also made a PicoPSU replacement against heat, a new JAP BBA and the 56k and of course the DreamPi with that.

Wish I had the time to enjoy it soon.

My baby is my Katana Set 5.24E(Not a typo) HKT-01 with modem AND LAN adapter (#: DEV.BOX-S524E-LANMARU-EXT)(bios dumped fyi), used with the Katana SDK R12-FINAL internal build with more docs, bins and newer compilers that given as a gift from a close friend. Dated January 2005. The HDD contained a build of Last Hope.

Vill22
core

Post#574 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:17 am

This was my setup... in 1999!

And that DC is still going strong! Currently awaiting the arrival of my new DreamPi so I can join you all online again. Can't wait.

Stewcumber
rebel

Post#575 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Vill22 wrote:This was my setup... in 1999!

Haha nice! Liking the Lava lamp, BMW Z3 on the calendar and the South Park poster! You were living the dream having a VHS player in your room :o

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#576 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:08 am

Love! Too bad no more Segas though!!! Had the Genny 2 and Game Gear.. amazing

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#577 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:46 pm

Few pics with my son =} Messy messy bookshelves n got to add to the woodgrain one for sure

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#578 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:37 pm

krssn wrote:That coffee mug looks very Samba de Amigo... lol

I thought the exact same thing!

xjanx
shadow

Post#579 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi guys,

This is my first post here although I am reading already for many weeks.
I got my Dreamcast reconnected a few months back (it was sitting in the attic for probably about 8 years) and I'm so amazed that there was still so much new stuff coming out the last years. I knew there was a scene but that I really lasted until now is just incredible!
Since I was so happy to have my Dreamcast back I even started pimping it a bit with a blue LED, a new battery, a GDEMU and today I also installed the Noctua mod (I must say I am a bit disappointed concerning the noise, I don't think the difference is that big). I also finally got two more controller so I have 4 now and also got the colored VMUs I actually back in the day never knew they existed somewhere else in the world.

I attached some photos...

Now I only must find some good 6 button pads and the colored original DC pads...

Next is then attaching my old Saturn :D

Regards!
Jan

PS: Damn it does Border Down look so good. I can't believe it is 15 years old...
PS2: My gf thinks now I am totally crazy playing around with this thing :p

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#580 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Connected is caring

Welcome aboard lad! Get you some DreamPi!

Return to “Lounge”