DUAL BIOS SEGA DREAMCAST PLUG AND PLAY

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
EvilJimChicken
shadow

Re: DUAL BIOS SEGA DREAMCAST PLUG AND PLAY

Post#11 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:52 am

If this makes it to production then I think we will be seeing a whole lot more interest in the g1-ata gdrom replacement boards. Maybe then there will be more people helping swat increase dreamshell compatibility!

BloodBrother
core

Post#12 » Sun May 06, 2018 4:44 am

I remember filling out the reservation form,i hadnt heard back. Did anyone receive any sort of reply back?
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Sun May 06, 2018 11:55 am

That form was just to gauge interest and inform him on how many of the first batch to order from the manufacturer. I don't know that he was using it to place actual orders or reply to people.

BloodBrother
core

Post#14 » Sun May 06, 2018 12:27 pm

Aha, i gotcha. Thank you Anthony817
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#15 » Sun May 06, 2018 12:27 pm

Just sent off my form for one. This looks incredible.

keilmillerjr
noob

Post#16 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:45 pm

I would buy one if it comes to production. Its great to have a plug and play option for those of us lacking soldering skills. Switch looks cleaner than others I have seen people use.

einsteinx2
noob

Post#17 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:35 pm

Anonymouse wrote:
TuxTheWise wrote:I'm sorry if it's a dumb question, but what's the purpose of changing the BIOS? Region free is an obvious one, but I just want to see if I'm missing something.

You need to change the bios to boot to DreamShell if you want to do an IDE mod.

That's not true unless you want to remove the GD-ROM drive or yours doesn't work. You can boot DreamShell from a burned disc to load games from IDE or serial port SD reader.