Jet Set/Grind Radio is online?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Roareye
Rank 9

Jet Set/Grind Radio is online?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:16 am

While flicking through information on Dreamcast online titles, and game conversion etc I came across this Steam post of someone claiming to have managed to get the original Dreamcast titles' DLC back online. I do not know if anyone in this forum was aware of it or not, and I can't test if it works as I have yet to get an SD Reader, which this guy states is a necessity to getting the downloads.

According to him, the DLC is a region locked and only certain copies of the game work with it.
Jet Set Radio (JP)
De La Jet Set Radio (JP)
Dorikore Jet Set Radio (JP)
It appears the PAL and US versions of the game are not online-accessible from thyis post - though it is from late 2015.
He specifically answers a question asking if this works on the HD ports, and he specifies it is a Dreamcast-only DLC pack release. I have a JP copy of JSR and if there's a chance of getting the DLC that'd rock.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/205950/d ... 107005124/

Is anyone able to verify this/see if it's still online? If it is, is there a way to officiate it on the site or maybe simplify it so it works by itself akin to the current DLC browsers available via Sonic Adventure etc?

Anyway, if this is already well known about and out of date/doesn't work etc then feel free to close the topic. I just haven't seen anyone mention this before.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Jet Set/Grind Radio is online?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:39 pm

Was any of this stuff included with the Sega Direct exclusive release called De La Jet Set Radio? That was the definitive and best version of the game ever on the Dreamcast, and perhaps controls were better than the HD re-release? It also allowed you to play the game in your region language depending on what your settings were in the Dreamcast bios settings. It is technically a Japanese release so maybe it could be made to work on it too thus killing 2 birds with 1 stone?

http://jetsetradio.wikia.com/wiki/De_La_Jet_Set_Radio

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#3 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:57 pm

He states the DLC works WITH De La Jet Set Radio, which suggests it's extras atop of the standard version of that disc. But as I can't test it myself, I sadly don't know.

superman200x
undertow

Post#4 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:22 pm

So the internet to go online on jet set radio works?

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#5 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:38 pm

superman200x wrote:So the internet to go online on jet set radio works?

If someone has access to a SD Reader then please check it out. I don't have access to one and can't buy one for about two weeks. It's not been official on this site ever to my knowledge, however if this guy has figured out how to do it he may have left the only mention on Steam (completely the wrong platform for it). I just hope
Shuouma wrote:Shuouma

pcwzrd13 wrote:pcqzrd13

or any of the other developers find this topic and can verify the information or not.

PS. If my quote-tagging is a no go, I'll remove it.

superman200x
undertow

Post#6 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:15 pm

Oh I c you will need a sd card reader. I dont have that. Oh will just for fun I will still try to go in it with the dream pi

superman200x
undertow

Post#7 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:38 pm

Hey guys so I went online on jet grind radio and it works. Using the dream pi very cool

superman200x
undertow

Post#8 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Here
Last edited by superman200x on Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#9 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:44 pm

You can download the DLC in-game just by connecting with the DreamPi? :D I'll try it right now! ^_^

Xiden
Developer

Post#10 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:59 pm

JSR internet should be redirected to Dreampipe.net where we will host a new jsr site and dlc. Im working on overhaul of dreampipe.net as we speak. All dc sites will eventually be redirected :)