New Dreamcast-Live Pi3 kit help

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

nattybohman
noob

New Dreamcast-Live Pi3 kit help

Post#1 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Guys,
I just got my DreamPi Pi3 kit from Dreamcast live today and I'm having a tough time getting it up and running.
I hope someone can give me some advice because I'm really excited about getting online and joining the fun!

Anyway, I followed the instructions for WiFi, but the modem is only giving me one light. I believe both lights are supposed to be working even before you configure the Dreamcast. Am I right?

The funny thing is that I know it's getting an ip address from my wireless network. I can ping my router from the dreampi and I can also ping google's DNS 8.8.4.4 from the DreamPi. I can even ping the dreampi from my computer.

However, I only have one light lit. When I tried to configure the browser, it's not working using Web Browser 2.0.

I am getting some errors when I boot the DreamPi about DHCPCD service:

[FAIL] Not running dhcpcd because /etc/network/interfaces ... failed
[FAIL] defines some interfaces that wwill use a DHCP client ... failed

Does anyone know why I'm only getting one light? I'm hoping it's an easy fix.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-)

nattybohman
noob

Re: New Dreamcast-Live Pi3 kit help

Post#2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:41 am

Guys,
It seems to be a problem with my network setup. I use OpenDNS to for parental filtering. I can get on fine using the WiFi from my mobile phone, so I'm going to use that for now.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#3 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:43 am

any joy?
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Skerce
shadow

Post#4 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:43 pm

I had a similar problem with dreampi over WiFi, i solved it by giving my RPI3 a static IP, my routers DHCP server was the problem for me.