NBA 2K2 differences

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Wilco
lithium

NBA 2K2 differences

Post#1 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Hey.

So was there a difference between the PAL and NTSC versions of NBA 2K2" in terms of online play-ability? I've just broken out my PAL copy and it doesn't seem to have an online play option, however it mentions the DreamArena in the first few pages of the manual. Was the online play an NTSC exclusive?

Cheers
Kid With The Play

dreamcast ™
undertow

Re: NBA 2K2 differences

Post#2 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:33 pm

Can you write out what it says in the manual about DreamArena word-for-word or scan the page the information is on? I can't find a PAL manual online for 2K2.

Wilco
lithium

Post#3 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:44 pm

Yeah here it is. Maybe it's just a thing they put in every Dreamcast game manual?

Kid With The Play

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Seems like generic "go visit our site" kinda text to me. Dont think there are hidden online features

Wilco
lithium

Post#5 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:02 pm

Rats, gonna have to find an ntsc version when it finally comes online :) nevermind, still a great single player basketball game.
Kid With The Play

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#6 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:57 pm

Wilco wrote:Hey.

So was there a difference between the PAL and NTSC versions of NBA 2K2" in terms of online play-ability? I've just broken out my PAL copy and it doesn't seem to have an online play option, however it mentions the DreamArena in the first few pages of the manual. Was the online play an NTSC exclusive?

Cheers

Yeah, it was NTSC exclusive. Sega gradually stopped including online paly in PAL titles from mid 2001 onwards (Daytona, Unreal Tournament etc)
aka DavidHK on DC games.

Shuouma
Developer

Post#7 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:00 am

Yeah a lot of PAL manuals have that regarding DreamArena. So get yourself some 2k ntsc games, if they are not scratched up, what did you guys in US do with these poor discs, DJ?

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#8 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:11 am

Shu,

Having worked video game retail for over a decade.... I can you tell this...people (At least in America) just don't take care of sports games. I'll never understand. In fact, I was at my local retro store today and was gonna snag a copy of NBA2K cause he is selling them for a mere 2 dollars. He had like 20 copies...EVERY SINGLE ONE...BEAT TO ABSOLUTE HELL.

Finding these sports games at a cheap price isn't a problem at all. The hunt comes in the attempt of finding a disc that isn't near destroyed.

I'll never understand why people don't take care of their stuff.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#9 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:13 am

Well, people that typically just play sports games are not gamers. So they may not care given they know they'll just be buying the next game the following year. Or they already have it, so who cares what happens to older versions.

In general, though, I agree with you. It blows my mind when people don't take care of their stuff (I assume they spent their hard earned money on it) and/or don't keep their house and/or car clean. But we'll never fully understand people.

alexh86
lithium

Post#10 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:29 pm

For the most part, people who play sports games aren't collectors or people who keep games to play for a long time. They'll buy their favorite sports games (and shooters) every year or two. Once an older title falls out of the regular play rotation, there's little reason to keep it from falling under the bed or under a car seat. As someone who still has my NES games from the early 90s, I don't understand not taking care of things but probably all of us take care of our stuff or we wouldn't still be able to play an 18-year-old console.

Return to “Online”