Dreamcast Live Game Night - Driving Strikers: Wednesday 3/27 @ 9:00PM Eastern

Schedule a time to play Dreamcast games online here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Forum rules
Post your Time Zone when scheduling for games. Use this map for reference: Time Zone Map
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Dreamcast Live Game Night - Quake III Arena: Wednesday 3/7 @ 10:00PM Eastern

Post#2361 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:44 pm

Who's in for Quake on Wednesday?
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Re: Dreamcast Live Game Night - Quake III Arena: Wednesday 3/7 @ 10:00PM Eastern

Post#2362 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:20 am

hey pc, i came across this yesterday. it's server side quake 3 mods specifically for 1.16n (dc compatible), this particular one has 3 different new game modes with no client mods required http://noghost.net/modfiles/about.php

it would be great if you got it working for dc and put up 3 servers of pretty much brand new quake 3 game modes

then there's the whole custom map packs thing, people accept PSO EP as legitimate so why not

would be pretty refreshing for all of us that've been around for awhile
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#2363 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:50 am

also space ctf
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#2364 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:19 pm

That's really interesting. I'll have to look into it.
PSO Characters:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#2365 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:12 pm

Ok I so I set up a few servers to try out tonight. The descriptions are below. They seem to work find although some graphics seem to be missing. Not sure if it's a configuration issue or if the graphics can't be rendered in the DC version for some reason.

-Freezetag is similar to the game you played in elementary school. When a person gets killed, they become frozen, and they will melt when a teammate stands next to them. While frozen, a player can only spectate the game, but once they are melted, the player will then respawn and return to help their team out. When a whole team is frozen, the other team receives a point.

-Last Man Standing is a free for all or teamplay game style where once you get killed, you spectate the rest of the round. The last person who is alive receives a point and the round is over. Everybody will then respawn in and the next round starts. The object of the game is to be the last person alive, and thus, that player is the most deadliest or the most cunning at avoiding enemies.

-MuckleBall is the newest of the game styles. The MuckleBall is symbolized by a powerup, usually regeneration (but it can be anything). MuckleBall is played in free for all, and it is everyone's job to kill the person with the powerup/MuckleBall. Killing the person with the ball will give you points equal to the number of people in the arena. Killing a person without the ball is counted as a normal score, and will give you one point. Many people use strategy by letting their opponents weaken the person with the ball, then swooping in and quickly killing the opponents and the person with the ball in one fell swoop. This will both maximize points and will give you the ball. Once the person with the ball is dead, the round will stop, there will be a brief intermission, and then the next round will start.
PSO Characters:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#2366 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:03 pm

There's a pretty nasty storm going on right now so if I don't make it tonight, it's because my house blew away, errrr..., I mean the electricity went out. :lol:
PSO Characters:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#2367 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:51 pm

I'll be online shortly in the MuckleBall server.
PSO Characters:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Dreamcast Live Game Night - Ooga Booga: Wednesday 3/14 @ 10:00PM Eastern

Post#2368 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:37 am

I keep forgetting to update the topic lately! :oops: Who's in for Ooga Booga tomorrow?
PSO Characters:

Sega1Dream
Donated

Post#2369 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:24 pm

I should be able to make it tomorrow!

ncman071
Sunday Shootout