Ooga Booga and NFL2k1 will be online soon

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Re: Ooga Booga and NFL2k1 will be online soon

Post#21 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:03 pm

Your's Truly is "the one who kept asking" :P

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#22 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:51 pm

I think the dude should have done some research. He didn't mention the DreamPi, he didn't mention the dedicated fans on this forum, nor any names of those building servers.

It's a good intro to the project but could have been better from SegaBits there.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#23 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:08 pm

Roareye wrote:I think the dude should have done some research. He didn't mention the DreamPi, he didn't mention the dedicated fans on this forum, nor any names of those building servers.

It's a good intro to the project but could have been better from SegaBits there.

George has always been that way towards the DC online fan base for years, was kinda hoping Berry would do it but he has been absent for quite some time

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#24 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:35 pm

That seems to happen sadly in the SEGA fan base. I still have all the emails connecting the SEGA Saturn game Formula Karts to the millionaire Saatchi brothers (including one from one of the Saatchi Brothers themselves) through the hidden music track. I presented it to Lewis/SonicYoda to add to SegaDriven and he wasn't interested. He just didn't care about the exclusive. I wound up having nowhere to publish the information and emails.

With George's SegaBits vid there, it sounds like he has no interest in playing DC online as the lack of effort and his overall negative tone (a kind of "what's the point" attitude) at the end really spoiled it.

Care for me to take a crack at it sometime soon? I'd love to add more depth and some actual goddamn gameplay of the games online, as well as a basic non-tutorial introduction to the Dream-Pi to pull in those interested and show how simple the set up is.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#25 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:47 pm

Roareye wrote:With George's SegaBits vid there, it sounds like he has no interest in playing DC online as the lack of effort and his overall negative tone (a kind of "what's the point" attitude) at the end really spoiled it.

Good to know I wasn't alone feeling he was doing the video more out of obligation rather than interest. I felt he had a 'I'd rather be doing other things than this' tone throughout the video.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#26 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:51 pm

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#27 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:17 am

Comment left, haha :p

Tarnish
Prince of Persia