The end of NeoDC is near.... Edited: working on demo collection

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
BloodBrother
core

Re: The end of NeoDC is near.... Edited: working on demo collection

Post#61 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:02 am

Are there any reading materials for remastering images? Never done anything similar before, but im willing to learn!
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

Roel
Developer

Post#62 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:45 am

BloodBrother wrote:
mrneo240 wrote:
BloodBrother wrote:I noticed a mention of Intrepid Izzy, and thought id mention something. I dont have a computer, but my friend has a computer and so i go to his place to burn games. Four discs (on four different burn programs) later and we still have no working copy of the demo. Any suggestions, please?

You will have to ask the senile team themselves or learn how to remaster the image yourself.

We will not be releasing anything relating to current games even if the demo is distributed in a free and open manner. The Intrepid Izzy project is 100% theirs and we would hate to even infringe on that even a miniscule amount.

Sorry, again though I will say they were given 2 new images that should have better compatibility. It is up to them whether they spread those images or even acknowledge that or not, again they hold all the keys to the project.

Now if you are interested in something older that isn't currently being sold, then YES I could offer assistance and help. Or even do it for you.

I hope you understand.

I do understand, i am not trying to start any sort of drama. I did ask roel for some help, and followed his instructions, and i am still striking out. I just thought asking for insight on here would be helpful.

On another note, i am a huge n00b to the post sega dreamcast scene, but after reading this thread all the way thru, it seems as if you are a helping hand in the longevity of the Dreamcast, and i just wanted to say thank you.

Here are some links to mrneo240's remasters. I hope they work for you.
http://intrepid-izzy.senileteam.com/kic ... urning.zip <- for burning to CD-R
http://intrepid-izzy.senileteam.com/kic ... ulator.zip <- for use with an emulator

BloodBrother
core

Post#63 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:59 am

Halleluja, that last image worked like a charm!!!! Thanks, now i can have a tease of the game before it releases. Thank you all.
(Sorry this got off topic)
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#64 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:17 am

It's not nessecarily off topic.

This thread is basically just a catch-all for us. It's tough enough managing 3 people on about 5 forums haha. So having this 1 thread makes it a little easier. I'm glad it working for you in the end.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#65 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:25 pm

So as some of you may have heard but the wayback machine is no longer possible on Planetweb or Dream passport. However when i was doing some tests for a project i discovered that Dreamkey 1.0 does indeed seem to work well with it. This has lead me to wonder if it is possible to make a boot-able version of Dreamkey 3.0? as the only one out there seems to crash upon entering the start menu

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#66 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:26 pm

Never mind found a working one here https://mega.nz/#!GgUGlAoQ!9YAL2tDgZs8J ... Enh4pCyL44

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#67 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:02 am

I use Dreamkey 3.0
Works no problem.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#68 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:56 pm

New project that actually gets shown off publicly!
Welcome to 2001 the year of cracktros and intros on Dreamcast games.

Custom framework for embedding things within games before they boot but in a cleaner fashion than ECHELON, also VGA support. ;) 8-)

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#69 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:38 pm

So is this just replacing the ECHELON method but new?

Either way its amazing!

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#70 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:45 pm

Yea it's a new way of doing it, compatibility is alright but not everything works though Im going to be looking into it. Generally though it works, and you also have the opportunity to do something before the game starts, like patching or displaying something or anything if you can fit in the space left over.

Now, I can't or won't say it's better but it is fun to play around with.