Survey: Prices for New Dreamcast Indie Games

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Poll: What's the most reasonable cost to acquire new indie Dreamcast games?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:45 pm

$0
No votes
$1 - $10
No votes
$11 - $20
No votes
$21 - $30
58%
$31 - $40
25%
$41 - $60
17%
$61+
No votes
Total votes: 12

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Survey: Prices for New Dreamcast Indie Games

Post#1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:45 pm

I'm conducting a survey to determine the community's opinions about the prices for newly-created, commercial-released Dreamcast games. Please answer the poll (the marked prices are in U.S. dollars) and leave your comments here. Thank you!

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Re: Survey: Prices for New Dreamcast Indie Games

Post#2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:34 pm

I feel 30-40 for a well polished original game is good. Maybe more depending on the game. Maybe less for smaller indie titles but I also want the developers to keep these games coming.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#3 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:23 am

If it's a new game, yes I think $30-40 is a good value. The JoshProd ports, I wouldn't pay more than $30 and that would depend on the quality of game to begin with.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#4 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:08 pm

I'm likely thinking too much in pounds as I'm British, but professional games cost £40 a game back when DC was current, sometimes £30, which was amazing. Most indie DC games are very light on content compared to these titles, but obviously cost of manufacture is higher due to lower numbers and no official support.

As such I'd pay £20 (About $25-$30) for a good to great 2D title, and £30 (about $35-$40) for a good to great 3D title. I'd push to £40-£50 for larger exceptional titles.

Most of the indie titles I've seen are in the $20-$25 range for me. Though I'd love for some peeps to gather and bang out a high end title to lay down legit cash for.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#5 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:44 pm

It depends on the quality. If its a rudimentary game a proper 2d game or a 3d one. I will pay 30 to 40 euros or so for a proper 2d game on dc, more for an original 3d title like xenocider. However a nice polished 2d arcade style game in a mid budget bracket could work too. Something around 20 euros. Such a title might sell well enough maybe.