Ooga Booga Is Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Ooga Booga Is Back Online!

Post#41 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:52 pm

The A+X+Y+B+Start reset is near impossible in Ooga Booga !!! Always makes a menu selection ={ Have to pop the lid open to exit abruptly

alexh86
lithium

Post#42 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:05 pm

There should be a copy of Ooga Booga on my doorstep when I get home, can't wait to join the fun!

Chael
fire

Post#43 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:28 pm

Since it was a NA exclusive and NA DC came with 56k modems, I think the game was optimized for 56K modems, altought it still supports 33K of course. (the dreampi usb modem is limited to 33K).

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#44 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:33 pm

Damn ittt .. I thought it was 33k upload limited and 56k download limited

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#45 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:57 pm

As far as modem games go, this one performs really good online for those who have not played this online. I cannot speak for other countries that have connection/latency isms just connecting via the DC modem (be it DreamPi or other dial-up method).
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#46 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:27 am

Chael wrote:Since it was a NA exclusive and NA DC came with 56k modems, I think the game was optimized for 56K modems, altought it still supports 33K of course. (the dreampi usb modem is limited to 33K).

The modem speed wouldn't make a difference since the game is P2P. The 56k modems have an upload speed of 33k so other players are sending data to you at 33k and you're sending data to them at 33k. The only time you would get 56k speed would be from the server to you which is just the lobby.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Chael
fire

Post#47 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:22 pm

P2P means you also download the data from the others? Since it's a 4 player game isn't it better to download data from others at 56K even if each of them uploaded at 33k?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#48 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:36 pm

Chael wrote:P2P means you also download the data from the others? Since it's a 4 player game isn't it better to download data from others at 56K even if each of them uploaded at 33k?

P2P means you're communicating with each other directly and not going through a server. All players only have the ability to send data at 33k. Even if you could download data at 56k, it's being sent to you from other players at 33k, so that's the limit.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#49 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:31 pm

Took PC'S Footage and ran it through a VHS to give it a more authentic 2000's feel

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#50 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:14 pm

I played this with Tact and a user named Arnold the other night.(I go by username BTC when playing dc online) There was a bit of lag but it was more than playable. When Arnold left and it was just the two of us, it actually lagged a little bit less. Regardless though, we had a blast..

I have beaten this game on single before but never though it was that "funny" until playing it against other people. For some reason the characters and game play are hilarious when you know your playing against other people. I like playing as Fatty because he has a powerful swing and when his ass catches on fire he yells "watawatawatawata!" There were a few times when I was ROFL. We played for a few hours and now it is easily one of my favorite online games of any console.

Thanks to Shu and Kazade a million times over.