chat in psover2

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Re: chat in psover2

Post#11 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:11 am

The-Amazing-Mr_V wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Djgates06 wrote:What's team speak how do I use it ? I don't got mic is there anything I could use to connect for chat??

You download the app to your phone and use your phone as a mic, or attach a headset to your phone. Basically same way nintendo switch does voice.

Only thing is we would nees to purchase a team speak server to connect to but usually its cheap

It does sound pretty cool. I do feel that chatting with keyboard is part of the dreamcast magic for me though. But I would be willing to try team speak.

My avocation for voice chat is mostly due to the inconvenience of having to set down my controller to type something during game play or those games that don't have any sort of in game communications at all.

But even so I see keyboards continuing to play a role in DC talk even if we had a unified voice chat option

Djgates06
shadow

Post#12 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:08 pm

So we need purchase a server for team speak?? Can u direct a link to get team speak

gokaiblue
fire

Post#13 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:30 pm

There is a Dreamcast discord server btw
https://discord.gg/vKwYGNw
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#14 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Sylverant actually has a Discord server as well, and has for a while. It's got quite a few members now, so you might want to check that out if you're specifically looking for voice chat for PSO: https://discord.gg/R2ATFFm

Djgates06
shadow

Post#15 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:29 pm

ur talking about purchase the app iys 6.99 right?then we can chat real time??

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#16 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:48 pm

Djgates06 wrote:ur talking about purchase the app iys 6.99 right?then we can chat real time??
If you're referring to the two of us who have suggested Discord servers, no, you don't need to buy anything to use Discord. Discord offers free web-based, and application-based communications on Macs, PCs, and various smartphones.

Djgates06
shadow

Post#17 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:04 am

discord better as its free.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#18 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:22 am

^

Return to “Online”