Just Bought A White PSP 3001

Talk about Handheld gaming devices and Mobile gaming here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

radtastic89
MegaDeath

Just Bought A White PSP 3001

Post#1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:41 pm

This is my first time owning a PSP. So this is basically a what do i need to know thread. What do I need to know about the system? What games are a must by? Things like that.
sega does what nintendon't

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Just Bought A White PSP 3001

Post#2 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:08 pm

The PSP is a great system with tons of awesome games. I would still have one if I didn't get the PS Vita. Here are some of my favorite games for the system:

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Worms: Open Warfare 2
LittleBigPlanet
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Excellent port but not much of a point in playing it if you've already played the console version)
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee

And if you're a Dreamcast fan ;) :
Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars
Power Stone Collection

I'm sure there are a bunch more that I've forgotten about but that's what I got off the top of my head.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

radtastic89
MegaDeath

Post#3 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Of course I'm a Dreamcast fan. I'm also going to pick up the Final Fantasy games for it.
sega does what nintendon't

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:26 pm

Oh and if you're into classic arcade games, check out the Capcom Classics collections. Tons of fun for a low price!
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

game_player_s
Graffiti Grind

Post#5 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:31 pm

Things you need to know about PSP:
  • Hacking the PSP runs the risk of bricking the PSP. Is it worth the risk to gain the ability to play old NES ROMs, no not really. There's this thing called the PC that does a much better job of running emulators if that's something you're even into.
  • PSP's audio output is best described as tiny. It gets easily drowned out by such common household appliances as, say, an air conditioner. Headphones are your friend.
  • PSP Can natively play both MP3 and MP4 (video) files. Vertical resolution on MP4 files must not exceed 480 or the system may not be able to compensate.

Fate/Extra
If you're a Type-Moon fan you're going to buy this anyway. If you're not a Type-Moon fan, it's an RPG utilizing, essentially, a "Paper, Rock, Scissors" battle system with a rather intriguing plot.

Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
Enhanced port of the PS2 RPG "Mana Khemia". Traditional style RPG, setting of the story is partly inspired by Harry Potter.

Persona 1 - 3
Dark RPG's... not for everyone.

Phantasy Star Portable
Third physical game release in the Phantasy Star Universe (PSU) game series. Plays exactly like single player PSU, final boss is intense.

Phantasy Star Portable 2
Fourth physical game release in the PSU franchise, begins a new storyline and introduces lots of new features.

Platypus
Clayfighters meets R-Type... so cheesy its awesome.

Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
Closest thing to Record of Lodoss War that the system has to offer.
Now There are no Limits -- SEGA
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/