Just got my s-video cable for PSP :D

Talk about Handheld gaming devices and Mobile gaming here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Just got my s-video cable for PSP :D

Post#1 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:34 pm

I was streaming this so the quality fluctates a bit in the video. The in-game resolution with composite/s-video appears to be 432x272 .

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvQfJWUt6ro[/youtube]

youtube disabled the audio :(

http://www.justin.tv/greenmachine228/b/278656952
Regards,
brourke228

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Just got my s-video cable for PSP :D

Post#2 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:05 pm

Damn, that is some great quality, I want to get one of those cords too so I can play all my games and emulators on the big screen. Can you imagine GBA roms emulated on a 70 inch TV? Lol, 1 pixle per square inch!

Anyway, which Burnout is this? I need to get it anyway so we can try this Xlink connection. Looks like a bad ass game.
Last edited by Anthony817 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#3 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:33 pm

I was playing Burnout Legends in that video.

This is the cable I'm using: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015S ... ss_product
All the connectors on it are gold plated.

Though, one thing to note when using the s-video/composite cable opposed to the component when playing games is that it does not scale the image up to fill your whole tv screen. It only displays at 432x272 resolution. And you know 480i appears as 640x480 resolution so basically you have black bars on the top and sides of the image. You can get around this if your tv has a zoom feature. In that video I had the video being cropped by FMLE.

Component on the other hand, uses the full screen.

You can't use composite/s-video for games at all unless you have a psp3000. There is a homebrew app that lets you, but from what ive read it doesn't look as good. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work with every game either.

If you want to play emu's on the tv though you should get xbox1 and mod it. You can play pretty much every emulator on there before dreamcast.
Regards,
brourke228

Kingbuzzo
lithium

Post#4 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:32 am

been looking to do this. So you need a 3000 series PSP and no additional software required? Looking to get a psp to hook up to my SDTV.

Kingbuzzo
lithium

Post#5 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:18 am

no reply?

drunkn ghost
fire

Post#6 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:12 pm

I have the Sony component cables for my PSP3000. I thought Sony just made these cables for the Slim and Go models.

To answer the question, no you don't need any additional software. Just a 3000 or GO model and the correct cord. One thing I had to figure out was once it is all hooked up you have to hold the screen button down on the PSP for a few seconds to get the image to play on the T.V.