My brother just sold me his 1 month old PSP 3000!

Talk about Handheld gaming devices and Mobile gaming here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

My brother just sold me his 1 month old PSP 3000!

Post#1 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:52 pm

My brother just sold me his 1 month old PSP 3000 for $100 with a 4gb memory stick. I plan on getting the Pandora battery for it from this website for $7!

http://www.psppandorabattery.com/products.php

He really hooked me up, since he payed $160 for it. This is like my 4th PSP lol, but I plan on keeping this one, and unlocking its true potential.

Anybody know of any good PSP homebrew sites besides Moddb?

Edit: Looks like I'm fucked, the PSP 3001, which I have, is unhackable with Firmware 6.20, But I hear a hack solution is in the works, and also that Pandora bateries will NOT work on the latest PSP Slim's.........

Man, I hope you guy's can help me find out what sites to get a hack for mine. The reason I bought it from him was so I could run homebrew and emulators on it, so I would really appreciate it if you guy's that are PSP hacker vets can help a fellow PSP'er out.

Thanks a lot friends.
Last edited by Anthony817 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cOcOoO
Ore hitori de, juubun da

Re: My brother just sold me his 1 month old PSP 3000!

Post#2 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:00 pm

You won't be able to use the pandora battery with the 3000s, if you write a simple bit into flash0 you are fucked. The only way to mod 3000s for now is ChickHEN.
(>'-')>=|======> t('.'t)

ImageImageImage

PSO char:
Alegrina!
Lvl. 44
HUnewearl
REDRIA

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Lol, I was just editing my post and saw you replied... :D

So this Chickhen will work on mine? Which lets me use homebrew and emulators, but not run iso's? And I can use this on mine sans downgrading from 6.20? Or will it not work on mine?

cOcOoO
Ore hitori de, juubun da

Post#4 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Yes, you are fucked. ChickHEN is only usable on FW 5.03 and there's no way to downgrade from 6.20. You have 3 options:

1) suck it up and use it with UMDs
2) Sell it.
3) wait until some other hack comes around... which i doubt it will be in a short period of time since PSP GO is in the spotlight now...

On a side note, what ChickHEN does is enabling the virtual installation of a CFW into the PSP RAM. You can do whatever the fuck you want with it, except completely turn off the console or you'll have to do the whole process again. Yes, it enables the ability to play ISOs/CSOs.
(>'-')>=|======> t('.'t)

ImageImageImage

PSO char:
Alegrina!
Lvl. 44
HUnewearl
REDRIA

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:03 pm

Wow, well I guess I should have just repaired my broken screen on my otherwise working PSP 1000.... Man, I told my brother NOT to update this PSP ever, but he had to in order to play Tekken 6...

Fuck, I really, really wanted homebrew and Emulators working on it, I could care less about the ISO part. :roll:

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#6 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:00 am

nice, sell it & get some rare dc stuff off ebay, it'll do you more good in the long run :mrgreen:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#7 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:45 am

mazonemayu wrote:nice, sell it & get some rare dc stuff off ebay, it'll do you more good in the long run :mrgreen:

YESS
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:18 pm

Lol, I like using it for an MP3 player though, and there are SOME good games on it too, I thought of getting thet Powerstone 1/2 bundle off of PSN for it. Suprisingly there are a few good DC ports on it, which makes me ask the question, how many DC games are there on PSP anyway?

Jaseman
Prince of Persia

Post#9 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:01 pm

A friend's brother is selling me his 1000 for $30. The catch? Broken screen. I know how to replace is, but where would I buy one? eBay seems to have it at the lowest for $17, and that seems a bit much.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#10 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:32 pm

Jaseman wrote:A friend's brother is selling me his 1000 for $30. The catch? Broken screen. I know how to replace is, but where would I buy one? eBay seems to have it at the lowest for $17, and that seems a bit much.
idk, $47 for a PSP seems pretty cheap. you can try half.com or amazon. another option would be to just do a google search and see what it uncovers?

i was in the same boat with my iphone. i got the phone for $40 but i had to replace a cracked digitizer. that cost me $10 on ebay. the way i see it $50 for any iphone is a deal.