Gameboy - In Odin We Trust

Talk about Handheld gaming devices and Mobile gaming here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Gameboy - In Odin We Trust

Post#1 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:25 pm

Hi all.

I had a blast learning logics with the Gameboy studio application making my own little game.
As i said, when its done (or at least almost , its always room for some more balancing the difficulty etc) im gonna put it here :D

Now, take it for what it is. I am a noob , neither good at graphics (not "even pixelart") cant do music on gameboy. Its a cute little game that can be played through in 2 hours where a junk of that time is leveling a bit to be able to advance.

Ok some info.

Cover (will show in Gdemu menu)
Odinwetrustfrontcover.jpg
Odinwetrustfrontcover.jpg (30.28 KiB) Viewed 5942 times

Screenshots
screens.jpg

Type of game: Gameboy game / Adventure Rpg

Story: You play as the viking "Rune" who gets to do a couple of small quests before he got the chance to prevent Ragnarök ( End of the world ) It is all more or less taken directly from Norse mythology , so expect to learn something new about the norse gods or characters around it ;)

What can you expect:
- 5 quests
- 6 different enemies and 3 bosses
- "upgradable" Armour and Weapon
- 4 different items you can get , some are easy to find , others are hidden or you need to do some thinking before being able to figure out where it is.
- a very simplistic text combat system where you and the enemy can miss/dodge/crit/do a couple of debuffs.
- a couple of items are available for use in the fights.

As i said take it for what it is, i spent 120 hours in this and it was a blast (doing the game)

Creds to: most of the creators of free pixel art available on itch https://itch.io/game-assets/free/tag-gameboy also to a couple of youtubers: Markovalekaz -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCVQ0bvauOU&t=167s <- for viking pixelart , and Pixel Pete --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNXlV2tt7eE&list=PLmac3HPrav--Q4QKUVknwwMSNk1YECFKT <-- , i have modified some of the art , or copied it while not available like the viking mockup in the youtube video , i look at video and tried to do the same in paint. Some content i have done myself as well ofc (graphics).

Cdi Selfboot for Dreamcast <3 ->
InOdinWeTrust.[auto].rar
(878.94 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
(Thanks Ian)
Gameboy "Rom file" ->
Odinwetrust.zip
(132.92 KiB) Downloaded 223 times

CREDS TO IAN.M who have updated this emulator

If anyone plays it , i would be happy to hear about it. Cheers <3
Last edited by FlorreW on Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Gameboy - In Odin We Trust

Post#2 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:43 pm

Why not use the auto boot i made that was the whole point In the first place i dont get using the old version at all you only had to ask me to do what ever dont want any intro you dont need to use it just use the 2nd bin which is miles better then the version used here

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#3 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:10 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Why not use the auto boot i made that was the whole point In the first place i dont get using the old version at all you only had to ask me to do what ever dont want any intro you dont need to use it just use the 2nd bin which is miles better then the version used here

Cheeses , i was so into being done i totally forgot. Ofc your reworked version should be the one used. My apoligies mr Ian.
It will be uploaded during the evening.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:29 pm

FlorreW wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Why not use the auto boot i made that was the whole point In the first place i dont get using the old version at all you only had to ask me to do what ever dont want any intro you dont need to use it just use the 2nd bin which is miles better then the version used here

Cheeses , i was so into being done i totally forgot. Ofc your reworked version should be the one used. My apoligies mr Ian.
It will be uploaded during the evening.

No worries i do it for you my freind

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:43 pm

Direct auto port no intro

how to save state

how to normal save and turbo boost

Plain files can be used for direct boot any game boy studio game
Attachments
InOdinWeTrust[plainfiles].rar
(564.28 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
InOdinWeTrust.[auto].rar
(878.94 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#6 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:47 pm

Thank you Ian , youre the best. I replace my file with your link as well.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#7 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:10 pm

Very cool florrew. I'll check it out.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:13 pm

dubcity wrote:Very cool florrew. I'll check it out.

Future update could be 10 to 40 tracks of cdda stereo music with auto port update

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#9 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:23 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
dubcity wrote:Very cool florrew. I'll check it out.

Future update could be 10 to 40 tracks of cdda stereo music with auto port update

sweet!

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#10 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:56 pm

thank you FlorreW!

Return to “Handhelds/Mobile Gaming”