The ultimate next gen comparison

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: I Love Playing all dreamcast games.
But im pretty boss at:
MvC2, Etc

Re: The ultimate next gen comparison

Post by MikeStutzzzz »

gamecube v1.2 is right
have you guys seen that one video for xbox 360 motion controllers how it strait up murdered the wii
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

Favrenation
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2, Quake 3 Arena, 4x4 Evo, Maximum Pool

Post by Favrenation »

Even the PS3's is better even though the controller looks like a dildo.

PS2 Online Gaming

Dr. Pariolo
Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Post by Dr. Pariolo »

You cant tell until youve tried it (have you?)
But i agree it fucking looks horrible.

Favrenation
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2, Quake 3 Arena, 4x4 Evo, Maximum Pool

Post by Favrenation »

I was saying how the PS3 motion sensor is probably better than wii but Xbox 360 looks way better.
PS2 Online Gaming

Dr. Pariolo

Post by Dr. Pariolo »

It probably is. But we yet how to see how it feels in our hands and how well made will the games be. No matter how expensive the technology will be (it probably will, knowing sony..) if the games wont be well done, its gonna suck balls.

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: I Love Playing all dreamcast games.
But im pretty boss at:
MvC2, Etc

Post by MikeStutzzzz »

thats perfect then ps3 is looking out for women
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

lazyhoboguy
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None yet. Just bought my very first dreamcast.

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I do not own a xbox 360 or a Wii yet. I own a ps3. I read up on gaming news just about every day so I am well informed about all 3 consoles though.

Since I dont own a wii or xbox 360 yet I cannot comment as much about them. I can only rate the consoles based on what I have played on them and what I know about them. I obviously haven't experienced everything they have to offer yet, so my opinion could change.

Xbox 360

I know you said you don't want people mentioning the RROD for 360, but I think that has to be included in its cons list really. That is the major reason why I will not be buying one, as I cannot justify spending hundreds of dollars on something that has such a serious hardware problem. I like my consoles to last far into the future. I like the fact that I can play a NES which is 20 years old. The fact that 360's are pretty much guaranteed to break down within a couple years just bothers me greatly.

I have nothing against Microsoft. I own and enjoy my xbox 1. If the next xbox console released runs like it should and does not have any hardware problems I will most likely buy it.

The 360 has some good exclusives that I do wish to play. I am not that excited about it's exclusive first person and third person shooters, so that narrows down the list of exclusives for it I am interested in. Also, games like Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead are not really exclusives since they can be bought for PC.

The controller for the 360 ,if its like the original xbox controller, seems better for first person shooters, but the dpad looks pretty horrible. I also like having 2 rows of shoulder buttons on the ps3 controller, even though the ps3 design ruined the perfectly functional design of the ps2 shoulder buttons.

PS3

I agree that most multiplatform games look the same on both the ps3 and xbox360, and I have heard lots of ports from the xbox 360 to the ps3 have been half assed (like bayonetta).

As for exclusives, there are a good amount that I am interested in and have not played yet. I have killzone 2 (it is good but nothing special really), valkyria chronicles (good but has problems), and demon's souls (freaking amazing). I really was not confident that the 300 or 400 bucks I spent on my ps3 a few years ago was worth it until I got Demon's Souls.

The ps3 controller actually did make a pretty big change from past versions. They horribly messed up the L2 and R2 buttons. Now they are horrible analog triggers that you have to push down at a weird angle. In games where those buttons are assigned functions that require you to hold them down frequently for long periods your fingers start to hurt. The sixaxis function has been pretty crappy in my experience too.

I think controller preferences are really a subjective thing though. I personally like the ps1/ps2/ps3 controller design better than the xbox/ xbox 360 controllers.

For the ps3 I like the fact that I can use an usb headset for it. I can also use that on my ps2 and PC. I have run into the problem of people cheaping out and buying horrible static producing headsets, but for the most part in online games on ps3 the majority of people dont have headsets. In my opinion that is a plus since I normally just mute them all anyways haha.

Cross game voice chat is something that would be nice for ps3, but Skype works just as well if you have your PC near your ps3.

Wii

I have the least experience with this console, but from what I have read and seen about it seems like most of its games are crap or just decent, but there are a good amount of gems hidden in there. The first party games all look good, those light gun games you mentioned, and a few cool looking third party exclusive games. The quality of the exclusive titles makes it seem like the wii will be worth the purchase. ALthough, I am not sure how much I will like the motion controls. I have only used them a little bit and I did not like them too much. For me, games that let me play without motion controls will be my favorite on the wii.

I personally dont care about how the wii basically has gc graphics. Graphics are not important to me if games are fun.

I haven't used the wii controller enough to really say if I like it, but I have to give nintendo credit for making a motion controls based system. Doesn't mean I like that they did that haha, but they were brave to unleash something so different and it payed off for them.

The online support for the wii does sound horrible. Friend codes, wii speak, and the lack of online games on it make me feel like I never will use it much. I would love to try monster hunter tri online though.
multiplayer:

It couldnt be any weaker. Extremely few games actually have multiplayer mode, online that is. The console just can not handle it, multiplayer is something that requires cpu and ram and the machine just doesnt have enough. Thats the way it is. Ingame communication: HO-RRI-BLE.
Well, the wii is basically a Gamecube and that could handle online. A few games have lan and it had PSO. The online support for Wii just sucks because Nintendo decided to make it that way. The ps2 still has a better online experience right now than the Wii from the way things look.

Onlive

Just Kidding. Just Kidding.
my youtube channel
my game collection
ps2onlinegaming.com [plan ps2 online and lan tunneling matches (xlink kai)]

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO: anything with mayu in its name = me

Post by mazonemayu »

ps3: beefed up ps2 with better graphics
offers: besides those better graphics & bigger games due to blueray (which can still perfectly be done by splitting a game over multiple dvds imo); nothing new here

wii: beefed up cube with a dildo as a controller
offers: improved (read: NOT innovating) motion control to say dreamcast, great if you're drunk or having guests.

360: half assed broken down pc
offers: a lot of training if you want to join the army or a hunting club

conclusion of all 3: nothing here that the previous gen didn't already offer. gaming has become mediocre and I really don't care about new shit anymore

sorry, just my opinion
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

lazyhoboguy
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None yet. Just bought my very first dreamcast.

Post by lazyhoboguy »

mazonemayu wrote:ps3: beefed up ps2 with better graphics
offers: besides those better graphics & bigger games due to blueray (which can still perfectly be done by splitting a game over multiple dvds imo); nothing new here

wii: beefed up cube with a dildo as a controller
offers: improved (read: NOT innovating) motion control to say dreamcast, great if you're drunk or having guests.

360: half assed broken down pc
offers: a lot of training if you want to join the army or a hunting club

conclusion of all 3: nothing here that the previous gen didn't already offer. gaming has become mediocre and I really don't care about new shit anymore

sorry, just my opinion
Overall I kinda agree. I probably wont be buying the next generation of consoles until they are dirt cheap. So, I will probably stay a gaming generation behind from now on, so I can get the consoles cheap down the road when they become less popular. The future of gaming looks pretty bleak with all the talk about digital downloads taking over and consoles just keep on getting more and more expensive each generation.
my youtube channel
my game collection
ps2onlinegaming.com [plan ps2 online and lan tunneling matches (xlink kai)]

Dr. Pariolo

Post by Dr. Pariolo »

Yeah i mean even if someone i agree they are cheap; what makes them great somehow is the games available for them. Because after all, its all about games. Isnt?