What Other Consoles Do You Have?

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Stu1872
undertow

Re: What Other Consoles Do You Have?

Post#181 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:14 am

I have been gaming for around 35 years and i have kept most of my computers/consoles over that time. I wish i had kept them all but with money restraints at the time i had to sell to move on to the next big thing back in the day so keeping them all wasn't to be sadly.

I started off with a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48k (with the separate tape deck).
Moved on to a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128k.
Then a Sega Master System II
" Sega Megadrive
" Sega Gamegear
" Sega Dreamcast
" Sony Playstation
" Sony Playstation 2
" Sony Playstation 3
" Sony PSP
" Nintendo Gameboy Advance
" Nintendo WII
" Sony Playstation 4
" Nintendo WII U
" XBox 1x
" Xbox 360

I still have in my possession

1x Sega Dreamcast (Bought on launch)
1x Sony PS2 (Fat Model)
1x Sony PS3 (Slim Model)
1x Sony PS4 (Fat Model)
3x sony PSP (1000, 3000, Street)
1x Nintendo WII
1x Nintendo Wii U
1x Xbox 360 (E Model)
1x Xbox One X
1x Nintendo Gameboy Advance (Bought on Launch)
1x Sega GameGear

I also have a windows Media PC that i have built that i use for playing my retro (Sega,Nintendo, MAME Ect) games on Via Launchbox/BigBox (Emulators).

My Dreamcast is currently getting some upgrades. Everything original works as it should but I have added a GDEMU clone board. I have ordered an Noctua Fan Mod assembly with Noctua fan, Battery holder with ML2032 battery, VGA to HDMI cable and resistors to add to the PSU. I may end up getting a ReDreamPSU board in time.
Accessory wise i have the original steering wheel (boxed). 2x VMU (OEM), 1x 2mb memory card, 2x 4mb memory card, 1x rumble pack (OEM), 1x MadCatz rumble pack,2x controllers (OEM), 2x controller extension cables. 1x Keyboard (OEM), 1x light gun (redundant unless i get an old CRT screen).

My PS2 has Homebrew on it with a 1tb HDD inside using the modem trick. Works great playing ISO's

My PS3 (Slim) is stock. I bought a Fat PS3 on launch but after getting the YLOD, fixing it and it still returning i traded it in for a new slim. I have over 70 games for it and i may homebrew it so i can play them all off of a HDD but i am happy enough with it at the moment.

My PS4 is getting tiresome at the moment. I can't stand how loud the fan is while playing compared to everything else i play on. May get swapped out for a Pro when the PS5 comes out depending on prices.

My 3 PSP's are all have custom firmware that i use with a 128gb Micro sd card.

My WII has custom firmware on it but as the video output was pretty poor on screen i decided to get myself a WII U to play WII games on so it is in it's box up in the loft.

My WII U has custom firmware that allows me to use an HDD to play WII U games as well as another HDD for WII and Gamecube games. I also have Sega GG, MS, MD and Nintendo NES, SNES, N64 games on an SD Card.

My Xbox 360 was picked up a few weeks ago for £20 i bought it as i have always been a Sega/Sony fanboy of sorts over the years and i wanted to try some of the Xbox exclusives that i missed out on.

My Xbox 1x was also picked up not long ago for much of the same reasons as my 360. i got a good deal on it and i wanted to try out the likes of Forza/Halo/Gears of war and other exclusives.

My GameBoy Advance was an impulse buy i honestly have never really played it. I hated the screen not being illuminated which made it a pain to play on so it wen't back in it's box shortly after buying it.

My GameGear sadly no longer works. The screen is in need of repair as although it lights up when switched on the is no picture on it.

I have most of them all setup ready for playing now (PS2, PS3, PS4, WII U, XBox 360, XBox 1x, Dreamcast). only trouble is now deciding on what one to switch on when the time comes for a spell of gaming!

That pretty much sums up my journey playing games with consoles and the like from my first to last through the years.
Not sure if i will continue with the new generation coming out in the next year as although the graphics are awesome they seem to have lost their soul since the era of tape and cartridges. Before you bought a game and just fired it into the consoles slot and away you went, now you have to wait for ages on the game to install onto the HDD and for the updates. It does become tiresome nowadays to play on consoles tbh.

louis012345678
Doom

Post#182 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:57 am

I have most of the sega systems and a couple of nintendo ones:
http://louistheseganerd.atwebpages.com/consoles.html

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#183 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:08 am

A game like MGS4 does take up almost 50gb. I got lucky and ripped my brothers copy of MGS4 and the HD collection of the previous games. So I didn't have to screw around with those games as far as downloading goes. If I downloaded them it would have took ages.

ufocult
noob

Post#184 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:22 am

2x Dreamcast
Wii (hooked up to the same CRT I have the dreamcasts hooked up to)
Wii U
Saturn
PS3
PS4
NES
XBOX One
XBOX 360
OG modded XBOX

I used to have more retro consoles. I'm looking to starting up a collection / modding everything in my collection. I'm gonna install a GDEMU in my Dreamcast with a broken disc drive this weekend and I'm looking forward to it!!!!

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Post#185 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:42 pm

I miss my retro collection, it came up in my Facebook memories a few days ago that it's been 11 years since I parted with them. I regret it so much especially seeings I rebought a dreamcast and saturn lol

turntablism
rebel

Post#186 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:17 pm

snes
saturn
a lot of dreamcast stuff
ps2
xbox classic
wii
xbox360
and some arcade cabinets & pcb's

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#187 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:57 pm

My updated list:

Master System 2
Master System 3
Game Gear
Mega Drive TecToy 2017
Mega Drive 3/Sega CD
Mega Drive Mini
Sega Saturn
Dreamcast EURO
Dreamcast US

Snes
Nintendo 64
Nintendo Game Cube
Wii
Nintendo Switch

Playstation 1
Playstation 2
PSP
Playstation 4

Xbox Original

Zeebo

Atari 2600
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#188 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:54 pm

Dreamcast x2
PS3
Nes clone
Atari 2600

dubcity
Super Sonic