Other Consoles Video Thread

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Re: Wild Riders - one of Sega's best and most obscure racers

Post#31 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:42 am

Wow that game looks amazing, same graphic style as Jet set radio

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Post#32 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:14 am

FlorreW wrote:Wow that game looks amazing, same graphic style as Jet set radio

Yeah it's awesome to look at and even more fun to play. Sad not many people seem to know about it

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#33 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:30 am

Its a great game one of my naomi 2 favs next to king of route 66. Played both on arcade machines. There was rumors sega considered down Porting to dc but nothing came of this. Probably the main reason being its a very short game that can be beaten in ten minutes tops. Its not a racer but a precursor to those running games, kinda like on the rails stuff .

Probably good it wasn't downported , otherwise would have been lack luster like king of route 66. Tose made that port so boring by trying to stretch it out.

willis
letterbomb

Re: The 3DO / Konami M2 - the system that almost went to Sega

Post#34 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:37 pm

Definitely post them and I will watch! Have these games been emulated or is the PCB the only way to play these games?

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: The Wii U - Super Mario 3D World - 1/12

Post#35 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:37 am

The first in the series. Happy accident I picked the same date Nintendo released a new trailer for the Switch version...total accident lol

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

A series on the AW to DC games - Demolish Fist - 4/14

Post#36 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:50 am

Thanks to MegaVolt 85 and YZB we now have all these amazing Atomiswave games on the Dreamcast. Since I love talking about arcade hardware, hardware and software mods, etc I decided to do some videos hyping up how awesome this all is!

Some have already come out but I've been doing a video per game. Just to spread the love and the word about how awesome a 2020 Dreamcast had. Fingers crossed 2021 is even better

But Maximum Speed itself is pretty awesome in it's own right. Definitely a Daytona clone but it stands on it's own with some improvements (more vehicle types, weather types, etc etc) and is a worthy addition to the Dreamcast racing library.

Can't wait for the rest of the games to release. Def want to shoot some deer lol
Last edited by Vgesoterica on Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:19 am, edited 11 times in total.

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: A series on the AW to DC games - Maximum Speed - 1/13

Post#37 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:53 am

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... nenM6f56CC

The playlist with the rest of the existing videos. Still can't believe we are playing all these games on Dreamcast now

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Asian Dynamite EX - Dynamite Deka on drugs!

Post#38 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:23 am

I love Dynamite Cop / Dynamite Deka...but for my money when Sega licensed the game to a chinese developer to be "reskinned" for a Chinese market...the game became amazing!

Asian Dynamite EX is just Dynamite Cop with all new graphics and settings...and holy crap is it weird and wild. If you haven't play this version of Dynamite Cop yet...play it today! It's just that good

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: Asian Dynamite EX - Dynamite Deka on drugs!

Post#39 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:03 pm

I already thought Dynamite Deka was zany and humorous and this sequel of sorts really cranks that up. Right up my ally, and one else that appreciates the zaniness of the older Dynamite Deka games. Too bad this didn't get a home port. Would of been great on dreamcast.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Asian Dynamite EX - Dynamite Deka on drugs!

Post#40 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:25 pm

Damn, this is just up my alley! My brother and I would play the American version Die Hard Arcade on Saturn many hours in the late 90's. Interestingly enough this looks like the graphics form the Dynamite Deka remaster released on PS2 back in the day. In fact that PS2 remaster only released in Japan, has a PS3 version which is in HD that released on Japanese PSN. I have it on my Jailbroke PS3 and it is great fun. Almost makes me wonder what textures from that are compatible with each other. The main boss is obviously the same character model just retextured.

Interesting version of the game for sure. Who knows maybe in the future we can see if some talented people can help do Naomi or Naomi 2 conversions to DC and optimize for it. Unlikely but with the Atomiswave conversions there is a whole lot more interest to try.