The 3DO / Konami M2 - the system that almost went to Sega - Total Vice - 2/5

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.
Vgesoterica
fire

The 3DO / Konami M2 - the system that almost went to Sega - Total Vice - 2/5

Post#1 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:07 am

In Feb I will be doing a virtual convention and I'll be talking about the history of 3DO, the M2 and my collection and beta hunting for it. So I decided to revisit the five full arcade games available for the platform since they are all awesome in their own right AND the run on M2 hardware.

Part of the fun though is the story of how Sega almost bought the M2 hardware platform to supersede the Saturn and become their "next" home console. Glad it fell through because then we would have never had the Dreamcast but it's a fun story I plan on doing a video about eventually!
Last edited by Vgesoterica on Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

willis
photon blast

Re: The 3DO / Konami M2 - the system that almost went to Sega

Post#2 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:10 pm

Great video! I've never heard of the game, but now I'm interested to see the other M2 board games.

Vgesoterica
fire

Post#3 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:28 am

willis wrote:Great video! I've never heard of the game, but now I'm interested to see the other M2 board games.

I have videos on the other four coming out in the next month or so :)

willis
photon blast

Post#4 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:37 pm

Definitely post them and I will watch! Have these games been emulated or is the PCB the only way to play these games?

Vgesoterica
fire

Post#5 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:41 am

willis wrote:Great video! I've never heard of the game, but now I'm interested to see the other M2 board games.

Heres another!

willis
photon blast

Re: The 3DO / Konami M2 - the system that almost went to Sega - Evil Night - 1/22

Post#6 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:40 am

Interesting

I haven't heard of this one before, and yes it does tread extremely close to The House of the Dead ha!

DarkSynbios
Dead House

Re: The 3DO / Konami M2 - the system that almost went to Sega - Evil Night - 1/22

Post#7 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:46 am

The game looks completely a copy of HOTD. I am sure this can be port on Sega Saturn also.

Vgesoterica
fire

Post#8 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:17 am

DarkSynbios wrote:The game looks completely a copy of HOTD. I am sure this can be port on Sega Saturn also.

Def can't run on Saturn....not unless it was cut down severely.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:41 am

Vgesoterica wrote:
DarkSynbios wrote:The game looks completely a copy of HOTD. I am sure this can be port on Sega Saturn also.

people just dont know about hardware there is no way to port that to the sega saturn with out making it a bad cut down version..
Far as a copy of HOTD it has more things then that did and it was thought of at about the same time..

who knows which is copy of what..

Vgesoterica
fire

Post#10 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:01 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
Vgesoterica wrote:

people just dont know about hardware there is no way to port that to the sega saturn with out making it a bad cut down version..
Far as a copy of HOTD it has more things then that did and it was thought of at about the same time..

who knows which is copy of what..

Yes it's basically "in the style of House of the Dead" but Evil Night brings plenty of new and fresh ideas to the table