Consider first PS Console - Buy PS4 now or wait?

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

leniejame48
noob

Consider first PS Console - Buy PS4 now or wait?

Post#1 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:57 am

Hey guys,

Never had a PlayStation console before, only gone down the Nintendo line.

I generally enjoy single player games and have been recommended to get a PS4 Pro. Is it worth getting now, or should I wait for the PS5? From what I’m reading, it seems like a 2019 Q4 or 2020 Q4, but will there even be any worthwhile games for a while?

Considering getting the RDR2 bundle or a used one.. leaning towards the first one since I’m a bit paranoid of the used market

Appreciate any thoughts!

deluxux
Black Mesa

Re: Consider first PS Console - Buy PS4 now or wait?

Post#2 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:48 am

Pass on all that and build the Ultimate Dreamcast!
Whats the budget for a new console? $300?
You could get a Dreampi Modem, a Gdemu with the extra parts and several SD cards, a picoPSU, maintenance items (thermal pads, battery, fuse) the Brook dongle with a Xbox controller, and a TV.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#3 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:06 pm

Wait for a PS5. With the exception of, like, 10 games, all PS4 games work on PS5 and some of them have improved performance.

If you're catching up on PS4 games, and want/are able to get the current PS5 model, the PS4 has some of the best single-player narrative games ever. So even if there aren't any worthwhile PS5 games for a while, you have no shortage of games to catch up on.

Motoracer5
blackout!

Post#4 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:29 pm

If you are buying new may as well wait for PS5's to actually be on the shelves. PS4 has a packed library with fantastic single player games, and it looks like they are pretty much all playable on the PS5.

If you find a good deal on a PS4 and don't care about the latest and greatest then go for that. The library is endless for creative high quality single player

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:33 pm

Ditto. Wait to get PS5. Like said above can play 99% of all PS4 games and the all new controller is pretty revolutionary. My brother got lucky and got the console on launch day and the controller is pretty damn great.

Motoracer5
blackout!

Post#6 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:12 pm

leniejame48 wrote:Hey guys,

Never had a PlayStation console before, only gone down the Nintendo line.

I generally enjoy single player games and have been recommended to get a PS4 Pro. Is it worth getting now, or should I wait for the PS5? From what I’m reading, it seems like a 2019 Q4 or 2020 Q4, but will there even be any worthwhile games for a while?

Considering getting the RDR2 bundle or a used one.. leaning towards the first one since I’m a bit paranoid of the used market

Appreciate any thoughts!

Is there a certain type of game you are after? Action, RPG, 2d or 3d platform ect

beanboy
Wazza

Post#7 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:11 pm

I suggest waiting a bit longer.