PSOX Connecting to Sylvernet via Insignia

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

PSOX Connecting to Sylvernet via Insignia

Post#1 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:28 am

Looks like PSOX will finally be playable online again sometime.
It was recently announced via Insignia's discord and on reddit that they are working with Sylvernet and Schthack to allow users to choose where they want to play. I for one am quite happy to see this happening. PSOX always had a ton of potential having been on xbox. The game only required a gamertag (which new ones will be made via insignia) and doesn't need unique SNAKs. So anyone who wants to play can do so quite easily.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: PSOX Connecting to Sylvernet via Insignia

Post#2 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:26 am

Nice. Good to see Xbox might be able to rejoin the PSO world online.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#3 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:12 pm

I played a little bit of the Xbox version of PSO last week to see what it was like, but unfortunately the controls are pretty bad. It feels like those PS1 games that had analog stick support but in reality just mapped the dpad controls to the left stick, it seriously feels like you can only move in 8 directions. It's not unplayable for rangers but melee combat is pretty painful on Xbox.

I'll still probably play it a decent amount just for the heck of it though, since I love both the original Xbox and PSO. On the bright side, it does have much faster loading times than the Gamecube version, and it's much easier to use a keyboard with (as you can just plug in a usb keyboard to that usb cable needed for modding the xbox). It's also predicted that it will be cross play with the Gamecube version since a lot of the online data seems to be the same across both versions.

XVO
undertow

Post#4 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:17 am

The gamecube version can load pretty quickly if you use Nintendont on the wii and you can plug in a usb keyboard on one of the usb ports ;)

I never played the Xbox version of the game so I can't really compare the games, but it's great work the insignia team is pulling off.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:40 pm

Sylverant recently posted first video of this working. I don't have an original xbox anymore, but if the Insigna community takes off I might pick one up to play some online games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTGncgE ... =Sylverant