Anyone else think Monster Rancher would have been great on Dreamcast?

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

grolgoth
shadow

Anyone else think Monster Rancher would have been great on Dreamcast?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:19 pm

Something about those chunky models and the swap-disc mechanic feels like it would have been a great match.

At least we have Seventh Cross Evolution! :lol:

beanboy
Wazza

Re: Anyone else think Monster Rancher would have been great on Dreamcast?

Post#2 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:37 pm

grolgoth wrote:Something about those chunky models and the swap-disc mechanic feels like it would have been a great match.

At least we have Seventh Cross Evolution! :lol:

Yeah, I agree. I think that would have been cool, if that happened. And it might have been great on the dreamcast too. And imagine if an animated avatar of your monster, appears on your VMU screen, when you use him.

I even wanted ports of Tail Concerto, Rhapsody a musical adventure, Threads of Fate, Thousand Arms, and a pokemon styled game, called Jade Cocoon as well.

Embarrassingly, all of these years have passed, and I still haven't played Seventh Cross Evolution. Lol! :lol:
Last edited by beanboy on Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:42 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monster Rancher 2 EURO
Playability : Graphics : Sound :
I have to mark this as not playable, as it asks for a memory card straight
up, and wont got past. Maybe someone else will have luck with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

need the memory card check hacked we could see it on bleem

course we have it on game boy color emulator with saving

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:46 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Rancher_Advance course play very slow on gpspdc I'm working on LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_R ... video_game) might have the same memory card problem

Anthony817 wrote:Well somebody tested a Monster Rancher game with the Tekken disc and got saves working. Must be dependent on the emulator version used. Here si what they said.

monster rancher hop a bout - usa
this game play perfect, and i mean perfect, sound is on point, and the graphics looks very nice - it even saves fine.

Not sure about that myself, I didn't test the game yet. Might try it out and report my findings.

Was not right info need the memory card check hacked

https://www.topbestalternatives.com/monster-rancher/

grolgoth
shadow

Post#5 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:58 pm

beanboy wrote: And imagine if an animated avatar of your monster, appears on your VMU screen, when you use him.

I even wanted ports of Tail Concerto, Rhapsody a musical adventure, Threads of Fate, Thousand Arms, and a pokemon styled game, called Jade Cocoon as well.

Embarrassingly, all of these years have passed, and I still haven't played Seventh Cross Evolution. Lol! :lol:

The usage of the animated VMU icons would have been simply awesome!
I remember a little about Jade Cocoon because my older brother used to play it.
Dreamcast should have gotten more ports but the life was so short. :? At least Sony and Sega seem to be friends now! At least for PR purposes...