burn neo geo cd games

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: burn neo geo cd games

Post by Ian Micheal »

aldair wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Mine are not random I can make games having the right order by this

bootdreamscdda3.png
I will try to do in bootdreams.
you cant add music cdda in bootdreams unless you select mds A120% then extras if you placed you mp3s in the cdda folder you can. if you dont put them in that folder you cant

Im making king of fighters 99 right now.

aldair
Metallic
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena

Post by aldair »

Ian Micheal wrote:
247 wrote:So, going the easy way, i just need to burn the cue file with imgburn to have 1 game per disc, and then 1 disc per emulator (neocd or neo4all) right?

Unfortunately i must agree with ian, even a clone gdemu costs money some people oan't afford, so it's pretty understandable we prefer to burn games or buy originals if we can :)

Right if you find a game with a cue file burn that you can use it on both.. the cue file tells it were all the music goes
Never liked to record games for Dreamcast he is very problematic with parallel games !!!

aldair
Metallic

Post by aldair »

Ian Micheal wrote:
aldair wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Mine are not random I can make games having the right order by this

bootdreamscdda3.png
I will try to do in bootdreams.
you cant add music cdda in bootdreams unless you select mds A120% then extras if you placed you mp3s in the cdda folder you can. if you dont put them in that folder you cant

Im making king of fighters 99 right now.
did you put emulator files or not?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yes click browse folder must contain all of the files from the neogeo cd iso not the mp3 files. mount the iso only copy them to the folder place emulator bin and bios in that folder. then follow what it says.
neocd.png
neogeo cd sdl 9.3 working
works fine.

I
will write the guide tommorrow im off for now

9.3 has a disk check like bleemcast you have to open the lid or it will not go by it.. is that why you used my old version7 that did not have the lid check code. version 7 only ran about 70 to 80% speed version 9.3 ran 95% to 105% if when i updated it to 1.0 one day i will remove the lid check

To make sure it is the right order force it put a blank mp3 less then 200k name it 1.. make it silent.. so it burns that track as track 1.. the rest of the game should be 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 etc. iy would force track 2 to be track 2. other wise it be one track out.. Sorry i forget to tell you that but i have it setup like that.. 1.mp3 is your silent blank mp3 forces track 2 to be burned at track 2 and so on.

if not songs be 1 order wrong.. but not random

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

Ian Micheal wrote:Version 7 is to old 9.3 i posted was the last one.
you build 9.3 from src now? or it's old build?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

megavolt85 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Version 7 is to old 9.3 i posted was the last one.
you build 9.3 from src now? or it's old build?
old build i did i have not compiled it since 2004 i would not release a new one till all sfx was working

but i do have unreleased version 9.2 overclock version runs all metal slug games fullspeed with cd audio thus has not the same cpu core very fast
NGCSDL9.2.rar
(2.14 MiB) Downloaded 358 times

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Dont mind my wierd guitar playing on the boot screen dont know what i was thinking lol.. this does have the disk check have to open the lid before it will check a cd

aldair
Metallic

Post by aldair »

Ian Micheal wrote:Yes click browse folder must contain all of the files from the neogeo cd iso not the mp3 files. mount the iso only copy them to the folder place emulator bin and bios in that folder. then follow what it says.

neocd.png
neogeo cd sdl 9.3 working
works fine.

I
will write the guide tommorrow im off for now

9.3 has a disk check like bleemcast you have to open the lid or it will not go by it.. is that why you used my old version7 that did not have the lid check code. version 7 only ran about 70 to 80% speed version 9.3 ran 95% to 105% if when i updated it to 1.0 one day i will remove the lid check

To make sure it is the right order force it put a blank mp3 less then 200k name it 1.. make it silent.. so it burns that track as track 1.. the rest of the game should be 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 etc. iy would force track 2 to be track 2. other wise it be one track out.. Sorry i forget to tell you that but i have it setup like that.. 1.mp3 is your silent blank mp3 forces track 2 to be burned at track 2 and so on.

if not songs be 1 order wrong.. but not random
NEOCD_9.3

Sega RPG
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Gundam
Monaco Online
Pod
Maximum Pool
Planet Ring
Pso
Toy Racer
4x4 Evo

Post by 247 »

Out of curiosity, will you update the emulator one day?not asking for an eta but just a yes or no :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yes i will but it's going to have to be perfect. no more beta's I would make it more user freindly for the new user. 9.3 the sfx sound was working at one stage but it would crash i disabled it at the time. version 1.0 was going to be with cd audio and sfx effects. now with the neogeo replacement bios. I used that in the above 9.2 4 more games work then did before. anyways.. yes is the anwser. I have everything to do so tool chain from the time all the libs 4 were custom version . to get SFX sound working in the 9.3 src code if you look it only take uncommenting 2 lines. and recompiling it.

back then when i first started porting it many people said it would never ever work and be to slow on dreamcast..