burn neo geo cd games

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Sega RPG

Re: burn neo geo cd games

Post#41 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:26 am

Meanwhile you did it ;)

Looking forward for updates, it would be fantastic to have a working neo geo emu, so maybe we could buy originals (in case)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#42 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:43 am

Well it was a big team of people not just me some of the best times of my life at the time. We all worked together to make something happen. at the time genesis snes was so slow no one thought this could ever work.

For the developer or people want to see the speed between 9.2 overclocked version and 9.3 released version here is the dev profile facts
Yes 9.2 is not just overclock cpu it had a lot of work gone into. by the stats if you want to see silly fast benny hill neogeo cd games give it a try.Turbo Edtion ever fighting game right up.. it's pretty insane.

Code: Select all

TBP: Enabled, look at the console for the profiler output ..
Dynarec Translation Cache stats:
0.23 MB src size, 12.29 ratio
2.88 MB size, 13086 blocks, 230.4 B avg size
745.638 ms compile time, 56.980 E/block, 0.329 MB/s
313 Manual blocks , 12773 locked blocks , ratio 2.39%

Code: Select all

TBP: Enabled, look at the console for the profiler output ..
Dynarec Translation Cache stats:
0.22 MB src size, 11.91 ratio
2.57 MB size, 11893 blocks, 226.2 B avg size
721.968 ms compile time, 60.705 E/block, 0.313 MB/s
85 Manual blocks , 11808 locked blocks , ratio 0.71%

Sega RPG

Post#43 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:29 am

Just had a look on ebay, metal slug is about 120€ and even more, sigh, i can see my dreams shattered ahahah

Edit: neo turf masters cd is about 1100€
ahahah
ahahahAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHAH

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#44 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:33 am

here is a video i did showing 9.2 how fast it is.. cd music works but my computer cant run nulldc and the capture software at the same time.. but it is this fast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avSydmjlie0
Also on a real dreamcast it's silky smooth and that fast i just wanted to show an example my pc is not up to this stuff. it almost cant run nulldc :(

Was the main thing why i wanted to port neogeo cd to dreamcast. Neogeo cd games are crazy prices. I was lucky back then people sent me the real games for testing. Also why a perfect neogeo cd emulator that acts like a neogeo on boot is what i wants no gui just straight boot swap play.. also the lid check stops the dreamcast laser thrashing.

No one has to use or wait for me to update this there is neo4all it's very good . NeoGeo CD SDL it is the first ever working dreamcast NeoGeocd emulator thats got count for something lol I allways included all src changes any one can work on it. GPL after all

Sega RPG

Post#45 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:17 am

I personally don't mind if it will take time, and i perfectly agree on not having a menu at all, so things are simpler, altough i honestly like the "4all" style. unfortunately we all lnow the 4all series is abandoned now, so if something better shows up then that's good to me... :)

Sega RPG

Post#46 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:55 am

out of curiosity, my roms are in wav for the music, will converting them in mp3 help me on listening the music on the emulator?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#47 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:19 am

Not allways if you check the list those games are confirmed to work. mp3s must be 128k.

http://web.archive.org/web/200510160641 ... cdlist.htm
If you want to hear how the cd music sounds for sure chose a game that has CDDA on that list. Some games the cdda music just does not play

If it says no sound or music. i never got it working or the isos was bad i dont really know why some worked perfect and other did not. I think it's a timing problem.

Sega RPG

Post#48 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:36 am

i do guess i need to update the cue file accordingply, but what do i write in the WAVE AUDIO section? MPEG3?
Attachments
Istantanea_2019-08-06_13-35-21.png

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#49 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:54 am

SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 Tokuten Ou 3 -Eikoue no Michi- no sound

That game does not play cd audio that i tested. I dont mod the cue files you need a cue file maker to do that. I have converted the wav files with dbpower amp back in the day batch all at once.

aldair
Metallic

Post#50 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:57 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Not allways if you check the list those games are confirmed to work. mp3s must be 128k.

http://web.archive.org/web/200510160641 ... cdlist.htm
If you want to hear how the cd music sounds for sure chose a game that has CDDA on that list. Some games the cdda music just does not play

If it says no sound or music. i never got it working or the isos was bad i dont really know why some worked perfect and other did not. I think it's a timing problem.

Samurai rpg worked 100% on neodc9.2 without music! With neocd 9.3 I had many sprite errors.