burn neo geo cd games

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Sega RPG

Re: burn neo geo cd games

Post#51 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:03 am

Ian Micheal wrote:SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 Tokuten Ou 3 -Eikoue no Michi- no sound

That game does not play cd audio that i tested. I dont mod the cue files you need a cue file maker to do that. I have converted the wav files with dbpower amp back in the day batch all at once.

converting is not a problem, i just wanted to know if i needed to update the cue file accordingly, and i will also be trying neo4all so i wanted the sound to be there even if it's not playable, apart from switching the extension i don't know what to write in the WAVE part...

Sega RPG

Post#52 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:22 am

ok found it, will burn right away xD

Sega RPG

Post#53 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 am

So, converted everything into mp3, manually adjusted the cue file accordingly with the notepad and burned everything with imgburn. As a result i have neocd 9.3 with the insert cd blinking repeatedly but it does nothing, any help?

Edit: i just found, by reading again the other post, that i need to wait 20 or 30 seconds than press start to load the game, i will try that altough i pressed almost everything. Anyway, wouldn't be better to do like bleemcast that automatically starts once it detect the disc?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#54 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:56 pm

247 wrote:So, converted everything into mp3, manually adjusted the cue file accordingly with the notepad and burned everything with imgburn. As a result i have neocd 9.3 with the insert cd blinking repeatedly but it does nothing, any help?

Edit: i just found, by reading again the other post, that i need to wait 20 or 30 seconds than press start to load the game, i will try that altough i pressed almost everything. Anyway, wouldn't be better to do like bleemcast that automatically starts once it detect the disc?

You dont have to press anything it does autoload . When it boots it will say remove emulator disk open lid put neogeo cd game in close lid it auto loads it.. If it still just blinking the disk is of the game is not burned right.

Sounds like the neogeo cd iso game there is something wrong with the way it burned. try it on neo4all see if it works.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#55 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:14 pm

aldair wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Not allways if you check the list those games are confirmed to work. mp3s must be 128k.

http://web.archive.org/web/200510160641 ... cdlist.htm
If you want to hear how the cd music sounds for sure chose a game that has CDDA on that list. Some games the cdda music just does not play

If it says no sound or music. i never got it working or the isos was bad i dont really know why some worked perfect and other did not. I think it's a timing problem.

Samurai rpg worked 100% on neodc9.2 without music! With neocd 9.3 I had many sprite errors.

Nice its was my own build glad you got to see that. it's also using the uni bios

Sega RPG

Post#56 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
247 wrote:So, converted everything into mp3, manually adjusted the cue file accordingly with the notepad and burned everything with imgburn. As a result i have neocd 9.3 with the insert cd blinking repeatedly but it does nothing, any help?

You dont have to press anything it does autoload . When it boots it will say remove emulator disk open lid put neogeo cd game in close lid it auto loads it.. If it still just blinking the disk is of the game is not burned right.

Sounds like the neogeo cd iso game there is something wrong with the way it burned. try it on neo4all see if it works.

would like to do it but i don't know how to burn the nes4all and the only page explaining it has been cancelled, tomorrow i will try doing it like uae4all (where i need the dreamloader to actually boot the emulator)
disc anyway where burned using the cue file with imgburn, don't really know, maybe converting songs does not work?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#57 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:41 pm

247 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

would like to do it but i don't know how to burn the nes4all and the only page explaining it has been cancelled, tomorrow i will try doing it like uae4all (where i need the dreamloader to actually boot the emulator)
disc anyway where burned using the cue file with imgburn, don't really know, maybe converting songs does not work?

https://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=Burning_CDs
In case of an incompatible burner or software issue, an alternative way consists of using a virtual CD drive (like Daemon Tools) to mount the cue file as a virtual drive, and use CloneCD to make a copy of it to the real drive (in "Game CD" mode)

mount the virtual cd iso/cue it should mount if does not the cue file is wrong. my comandline sofware converts the mp3s to the right rate. wav files is what you need when you dont use bootdreams the wav files dont convert right sorry not to be clear.

If the neogeo cd sdl disk is booting that is fine no problem there if it says take emulator disk out. it's the neogeo game thats the problem. neogeo cd games are mixed mode cds. I use cool roms the dreamcast side is fine So using other software to boot the emulator is not going to help.

The cue file
Cue files are used to tell CD burning software how tracks are organized. They are not burned to the CD. As ISO files can't contain CDDA audio tracks, cue files are necessary to burn NeoGeo CD software which uses audio tracks.

On the NeoGeo CD, the first track must always be the one and only data track.

Example:

FILE "Game - Track 01.iso" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "Game - Track 02.wav" WAVE
TRACK 02 AUDIO
PREGAP 00:02:00
INDEX 01 00:00:00
Note: the 2 seconds pregap is important.

The iso file
The iso file must include the necessary files and respect the game CD structure.

The CD has to be burned in "mixed mode" or "game mode" if it contains CDDA tracks.

There is a higher chance of obtaining an unreadable disk if burned at high speeds due to track jitter. Burning average quality disks below 16x speed is recommended.

Some iso packs have their audio tracks encoded in MP3 to reduce the archive's size. The MP3 files have to be decoded to 44100Hz 16bit stereo WAV files with an audio file editor or converter. Some burning software can automatically do the conversion.

Nero and some versions of Nero Express should accept cue files and burn the iso and wav files right away.

In case of an incompatible burner or software issue, an alternative way consists of using a virtual CD drive (like Daemon Tools) to mount the cue file as a virtual drive, and use CloneCD to make a copy of it to the real drive (in "Game CD" mode).

aldair
Metallic

Post#58 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:13 pm

247 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:

BootDreams works burn cd-r from emulators and homebrews.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!q2xnDCzA!kOJFeScUxt6Axsn-i-Ej3_CxFmgctPLfffClYASly7g

Sega RPG

Post#59 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:52 am

Thanks for your replies, very helpful, yesterday anyway i converted everything in mp3 128 kb and modified with mousepad (xfce notepad) the cue file accordingly, then in imgburn choosed "audio/data mode" (from audio/data and data/data), maybe that's the error?In the emulator then i have the screen telling me to insert a cd, as long as the cd lid is opened, the insert cd phrase disappear, for reappearing when i insert a game, and blinking all the time

I will take a look anyway at those instructions and those videos, thanks boys

aldair
Metallic

Post#60 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:21 am

247 wrote:Thanks for your replies, very helpful, yesterday anyway i converted everything in mp3 128 kb and modified with mousepad (xfce notepad) the cue file accordingly, then in imgburn choosed "audio/data mode" (from audio/data and data/data), maybe that's the error?In the emulator then i have the screen telling me to insert a cd, as long as the cd lid is opened, the insert cd phrase disappear, for reappearing when i insert a game, and blinking all the time

I will take a look anyway at those instructions and those videos, thanks boys