Anyone want to play some original Xbox online?

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TheMadPolarBear
shadow

Re: Anyone want to play some original Xbox online?

Post#11 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:06 am

I’ll join. It won’t be as consistent as playing Dreamcast games online since I don’t have an ethernet cable that can reach my Xbox (can’t get WiFi to work for Xlink) so if enough players are on, i’ll see if I can move things around and join.

Games I have that I’d love to play:

HaloCE/Halo 2 (obviously)
Splinter Cell PT/CT
Ghost Recon 2+SS
Conker Live and Reloaded
Counter Strike (curious to see what the Xbox port was like)
Star Wars Battlefront 1+2
Burnout Revenge
Call of Duty Finest Hour + Big Red One.

Looking to pickup PGR1+2 as well as Forza Motorsport.
Online games - Quake 3 Arena, PSOv2, Worms World Party

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#12 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:26 am

ok so yesterday i made a new xlink account...my name is 04appgrad. i tried to connect on halo 2 and couldnt get it to show the games...maybe the private arenas were closed...but ive never really played xlink successfully get except for like five min on halo2 a year or so ago. now justso i am not wrong, basically i need to connect myxbox to laptop via ethernet, then go into lan and try to look for a room? is there anything else?

mother_b
fire

Post#13 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:28 am

Hi again!

I have a dedicated server started for "Unrealchampionship" to test on Xlink Kai. It seems to be working. If anyone wanna make a try, please PM for a meeting.

I joined successfully with another
Xbox, but i'm not sure if it works with other Xbox regionsystems.
(PAL/NTSC 50/60Hz)
I think i remember me there was problems at that time under Xbox live ?

Next time i will run the test server at !
12.25.2018 08:00 pm GMT

If anyone got a little time, it would be nice
to test it and give a feedback how or if it works for you. :)

2koolpa
photon blast

Post#14 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:05 pm

ncman071 wrote:ok so yesterday i made a new xlink account...my name is 04appgrad. i tried to connect on halo 2 and couldnt get it to show the games...maybe the private arenas were closed...but ive never really played xlink successfully get except for like five min on halo2 a year or so ago. now justso i am not wrong, basically i need to connect myxbox to laptop via ethernet, then go into lan and try to look for a room? is there anything else?

Ideally what you want to do is have your pc or laptop connected via Ethernet directly to your modem/router. Then you have your Xbox connected on the same network through it's Ethernet port directly into the same router.

Once they're both connected you run the Kai program on your PC and navigate to whatever game room for the game you want to play. Then boot up the xbox game, go to system link, search for games and done.

2koolpa
photon blast

Post#15 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:10 pm

TheMadPolarBear wrote:I’ll join. It won’t be as consistent as playing Dreamcast games online since I don’t have an ethernet cable that can reach my Xbox (can’t get WiFi to work for Xlink) so if enough players are on, i’ll see if I can move things around and join.

Games I have that I’d love to play:

HaloCE/Halo 2 (obviously)
Splinter Cell PT/CT
Ghost Recon 2+SS
Conker Live and Reloaded
Counter Strike (curious to see what the Xbox port was like)
Star Wars Battlefront 1+2
Burnout Revenge
Call of Duty Finest Hour + Big Red One.

Looking to pickup PGR1+2 as well as Forza Motorsport.

Yeah I understand that can be an issue sometimes. I run a 50 ft Ethernet cable from my router in the living room to the game room and have all my systems and pc connected to an Ethernet hub. I always prefer this to WiFi for my game systems and computer so it works out easy for playing xlink Kai.

I've got some of those games. Counter strike is actually a somewhat popular one. You can even find random people on it at times. But I'll add you to the OP and hope to see you online.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#16 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:47 pm

ok so tomorrow i am going to rearrange couple things so i can get my xbox closer to my router. gonna try to connect xbox and laptop to same router to get xlink working. tried to do that today but got really busy

Mad_Matt1987
noob

Post#17 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:19 pm

Quick question, is there a way X-Box users can play PSO on a private server?

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#18 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:39 pm

i cannot seem to connect to kai. i have my laptop wired to router and my orginial xbox wired to router. i go to an arena in halo 2 then boot up the game ..go to system link and there are no games showing up. not sure how to fix this

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#19 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:27 pm

Fart on the xbox
and count to 10
Italian Stallion

2koolpa
photon blast

Post#20 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:43 pm

ncman071 wrote:i cannot seem to connect to kai. i have my laptop wired to router and my orginial xbox wired to router. i go to an arena in halo 2 then boot up the game ..go to system link and there are no games showing up. not sure how to fix this

Let me know a time this week and I'll help you troubleshoot. We'll get it to work.

And to the other person above, no PSO servers available sorry.