Anyone want to play some original Xbox online?

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

2koolpa
photon blast

Anyone want to play some original Xbox online?

Post#1 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:06 am

Does anyone here have their Xbox setup with xlink Kai? I am always looking for people to play with and hoped some people here in the Dreamcast scene might be interested. Would be cool to get a group going as we could always hop from DC online gaming to some original Xbox. With the interest in quake and ut I could see groups on here enjoying some fragging on unreal championship. Maybe mechanic and some of the other racing fans (me included) could play some forza, trade custom cars and race on the other Kai enabled racing games. Lots of sports titles all work flawlessly. Co op action in the splinter cell games sneaking around. Lots of fun skating in the Tony hawk titles. Tons of awesome Xbox games still able to be played online easily, theres just not a huge player base. (Oh yeah and of course Halo 1+2)

If you want more information I can help. Or if you're already familiar with xlink Kai let me know so we can play sometime!

All of the available online games here - https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/?go=games
How to set up Xlink Kai on your Xbox - https://www.teamxlink.co.uk/quickstart.php

Current DC Talk members who are ready to play -
2koolpa
mother_b
OfManNotMachine
TheMadPolarBear
Last edited by 2koolpa on Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mother_b
fire

Re: Anyone want to play some original Xbox online?

Post#2 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:37 am

Hi 2coolpa !!

That's sounds cool. I own some great
xbox-classic's also and have the
Xlink software installed already.
Sometimes i play with a friend Unrealchampionship,Far Cry or Halo.
But very rarely.

Unfortunately, not many players are online anymore.
But if anyone is interested, I would join too.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:38 am

i have tried xlink kai only once just to see if it worked. i would love to get it going again and play on a regular basis

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#4 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:09 pm

So many cool exclusives on the original Xbox that aren't online anymore and aren't being shown love on XBox BC. Unreal Championship 2 was incredible, as was Jet Set Radio Future...
Hell, I am seriously looking into getting an HDMI adapter for it just to play some of these games again.

I got my Xbox softmodded, so hopefully I should be able to set it up properly for this stuff.

Mechanic
Vagabond

Post#5 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:52 pm

Sounds good except i don't have an original xbox at the moment and gave the 360 away :(
I've mentioned daytona and q3 on the 360 a while back but not much interest here.
I do have UT 1999 and 2004 if u guys want a game goin with that on pc. With that said if this idea with the xbox catches on ill look into gettin 1
Italian Stallion

2koolpa
photon blast

Post#6 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:58 pm

mother_b wrote:Hi 2coolpa !!

That's sounds cool. I own some great
xbox-classic's also and have the
Xlink software installed already.
Sometimes i play with a friend Unrealchampionship,Far Cry or Halo.
But very rarely.

Unfortunately, not many players are online anymore.
But if anyone is interested, I would join too.

awesome, well then theres one other player. maybe i will edit the OP to include a list of members who are setup and willing to play some xlink. hope to play with you mother_b

2koolpa
photon blast

Post#7 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:00 pm

ncman071 wrote:i have tried xlink kai only once just to see if it worked. i would love to get it going again and play on a regular basis

ncman, get it setup again and play with us! i know you enjoy the DC sports titles. NFL Fever 2004, MLB Inside Pitch, NBA Inside drive, links 2004 (golf), multiple NHL games all available on xlink! I own them all so when youre setup lets play.

2koolpa
photon blast

Post#8 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:06 pm

Roareye wrote:So many cool exclusives on the original Xbox that aren't online anymore and aren't being shown love on XBox BC. Unreal Championship 2 was incredible, as was Jet Set Radio Future...
Hell, I am seriously looking into getting an HDMI adapter for it just to play some of these games again.

I got my Xbox softmodded, so hopefully I should be able to set it up properly for this stuff.

agreed. the original xbox is one of my favorite systems. softmodding your console isnt necessary to connect to xlink kai, but its cool that youve got it. im editing the OP with instructions on getting xlink running, so be sure to give it a look and join us. Unreal championsip 1+2 are both available for online play.

be wary of the pound hdmi cable for xbox. i tried it out and it really sucks. some tvs wont handle 480p over hdmi (mine didnt) so you wont even be able to play most games if thats the case with your TV. Component cables are much better, and if your tv only accepts HDMI input, then a component to hdmi adapter works. I have this setup so if you have questions just ask.

2koolpa
photon blast

Post#9 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:08 pm

Mechanic wrote:Sounds good except i don't have an original xbox at the moment and gave the 360 away :(
I've mentioned daytona and q3 on the 360 a while back but not much interest here.
I do have UT 1999 and 2004 if u guys want a game goin with that on pc. With that said if this idea with the xbox catches on ill look into gettin 1

lots of racing games on original xbox still available for online play through xlink. also you can get NFL Fever and avoid playing me there too =P

Several FPS games we could play. the farcry games, unreal championship and more

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#10 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:01 pm

2koolpa wrote:
Roareye wrote:So many cool exclusives on the original Xbox that aren't online anymore and aren't being shown love on XBox BC. Unreal Championship 2 was incredible, as was Jet Set Radio Future...

agreed. the original xbox is one of my favorite systems. softmodding your console isnt necessary to connect to xlink kai, but its cool that youve got it. im editing the OP with instructions on getting xlink running, so be sure to give it a look and join us. Unreal championsip 1+2 are both available for online play.

be wary of the pound hdmi cable for xbox. i tried it out and it really sucks. some tvs wont handle 480p over hdmi (mine didnt) so you wont even be able to play most games if thats the case with your TV. Component cables are much better, and if your tv only accepts HDMI input, then a component to hdmi adapter works. I have this setup so if you have questions just ask.

I know my set up accepts 480p because it's accepting it from my Dreamcast out of a Gekko. That being said I've heard that even then the component cables look much better. I have all the parts for a component hook up, but I'm still keen on an HDMI solution for ease of use. I'll look into it after Christmas though.