Is DreamPi compatible with Game Cube?

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: Is DreamPi compatible with Game Cube?

Post#11 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:45 pm

Episode III relies on the server much more heavily than Episode I & II, so it will never work 100% correctly online again, but Schthack has made progress in supporting the game better over the past year.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#12 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:Episode III relies on the server much more heavily than Episode I & II, so it will never work 100% correctly online again, but Schthack has made progress in supporting the game better over the past year.

Maybe one day EP 1&2 for the xbox will be back online, a nice dream anyway :lol:

toastwiththemost
shadow

Post#13 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:36 pm

If anyone is ever looking to play pso on game cube let me know. I have the game still and loaded it to my Wii U. With that I use Devolution emulator. But it requires a cd rip from a backwards compatable wii and it assigns the game to a wiimote as well do a google search on pso & Devolution.

But the real issue is it's a graveyard online. I think you have 3 server options.

Schthack
Sylverant
L33tserv

Only problem is there all mostly dead, one game running if any and my issue is they were playing a difficulty I wasn't able to join.

I'm sure Dreamcast Version has many more players online then the cube or wii or whatever.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#14 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:08 pm

Oh, are you the first Wii U player? :D I've heard that it works if you verify the disc with a Wii, but nobody has ever been spotted online using Wii U.

You generally need to arrange games ahead of time in order to play with other people. The only time you can just show up and reliably find a game is Saturday afternoon, which is when regular V2 games are scheduled. GC players don't have any set schedule. If community size is important to you, you basically have to play BB.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

toastwiththemost
shadow

Post#15 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:06 am

Yeah it's just a pain cuz you have to register the wiimote with the system you ripped the game to verify its authenticity.... I went on all the servers and accually on now there 1 full game of 4 on schthack and sylverant. Yeah something prearranged may help.

I've also read you can jump online with ricast emulator for android

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#16 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:56 am

I don't know about Reicast, but supposedly Demul works online for DC. You might as well just play PSO PC, though. Dolphin is also an option for playing GC online.
"Fear the HUnewearl."