Most Underated Game From The 6th Gen

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Most Underated Game From The 6th Gen

Post#1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:30 pm

I know its becoming cliche to do lists like this but there where indeed many amazing games put out during that generation (the last "gamer" generation to me) but many of them where lost to the time. What do you think? mine would have to be a split between Ecco Defender of the future or and this will sound weird, Pitfall The Lost Expedition!

It was such a refreshing experience for me back in 2003-2004, a semi open world where there is no time limit! (i hated time limits in adventure games back in the day) but in all seriousness it a polished experience. It has some of the largest detailed and colorful worlds in a PS2 era title that has fulfilling level design and lots of replay time and mini games that are fun!
I think the thing that the game still holds over me after all these years is its personality, it has some very fun and well animated characters and cutscenes. Its something that may games today have lost, a truly family friendly game that has a well made script. You can tell they had alot of fun with this game due to just how likable it is. It also has a special place in my heart due to how much time i played it with my dad and the amount of jokes we took away from it, the one im putting below still has not stopped in 15 years, but really watch all the cutscenes in you can

Head for the 15:10 mark for the joke
If you had to play it on a platform i would recommend (and its the only time i will) play it on a PS2. For the amount of buttons the game needs it can be come kinda cumbersome on the Xbox or GC

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Most Underated Game From The 6th Gen

Post#2 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:28 pm

Ok, I think "Who Wants To Beat Up A Millionaire" is underrated, but you have to play this with others to enjoy it. We'd played this for years with lots of fun. Also, the NFL2k series (like football or not) is much better than the Madden. I still watch the NFL network airing of the Madden Football show where weird humanoids play this overrated football game (the trail of greed/$$$ & hype versus actual game play sickens me). It is to note that EA is the company that paid-off the NFL to disallow Sega to use the NFL teams or logo.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#3 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:00 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:Ok, I think "Who Wants To Beat Up A Millionaire" is underrated, but you have to play this with others to enjoy it. We'd played this for years with lots of fun. Also, the NFL2k series (like football or not) is much better than the Madden. I still watch the NFL network airing of the Madden Football show where weird humanoids play this overrated football game (the trail of greed/$$$ & hype versus actual game play sickens me). It is to note that EA is the company that paid-off the NFL to disallow Sega to use the NFL teams or logo.

Wait what! Ea doing something despicable! Never would happen in a million years ;) Yeah the 2k games are good even though i have no clue what im doing i still have fun, i sign of a truly good game. Bob you must be exited for all the 2K games to come back online this year!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#4 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:27 am

Just the NFL2k series as the NHL2k series wasn't online. I cannot play basketball, boxing, badminton or baseball (except pinch hit or DH) so the other sports games do not interest me.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#5 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:30 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:Just the NFL2k series as the NHL2k series wasn't online. I cannot play basketball, boxing, badminton or baseball (except pinch hit or DH) so the other sports games do not interest me.

Maybe we can play some baseball together and fail as a team! :D

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#6 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:38 pm

Unless I'm DH (designated hitter) as I batted and even .600, we're DOOMED!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

beanboy
Wazza

Post#7 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:43 am

Fighting Vipers 2. The graphics might not be that good, but wooah, that game super is fun.

Project Justice aka Rival Schools 2. A great, super fun fighting game on the dreamcast.
I like it alot more, like way more, than the over hyped, overbalanced, super nerfed down, Street Fighter series. :D

I'd also say Draconus Cult of the Wyrm.
I've never played it yet, and many people don't even know it exists.

Metropolis Street Racer
No explanation. Just play the game and see how cool it is.

Vanishing Point. Now why is this game underatted? Even I would like an answer to that.
Just play this cool racing game.

Bloody Roar 3 series. A good fighting game, that was overlooked at the time, and is still overlooked.

Looking back at it, there are so many underatted games, from that time period.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#8 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:21 pm

I really enjoyed flat out on xbox. None of my friends had it, but it might more popular then I thought. But it is fun racing game with the bonus crashes where you see how far you can fling the driver through the windshield is fun as well.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#9 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:26 pm

Anyone remember Otogi? :D

beanboy
Wazza

Post#10 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:16 pm

Tak and the Power of Juju.

Yeah, I know. Most of you are like, whaaaat?! :shock:
Dude! I haven't heard about that game, in a long time. :o