Turbo Duo

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Xiden
Developer

Re: Turbo Duo

Post#11 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:49 pm

shinerbock wrote:Well, so much for Forgotten Worlds...I had bought the game + 3-button controller package. Opened the box, controller was there, but not the game. Seller doesn't have another copy. I swear...

So you got scammed?

shinerbock
fire

Post#12 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:00 pm

No, I think it was honest mistake. Seller offered me a discount to just keep the controller, but I turned that down so I'll send it back to him for a full refund. It was on Amazon, so I'm sure he's legit. Just irritating, now I need to find another copy. That one was actually stateside so I received it pretty quick, all of the others are in Japan. But it's fine, I'll get a copy eventually.

Xiden
Developer

Post#13 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:13 pm

shinerbock wrote:No, I think it was honest mistake. Seller offered me a discount to just keep the controller, but I turned that down so I'll send it back to him for a full refund. It was on Amazon, so I'm sure he's legit. Just irritating, now I need to find another copy. That one was actually stateside so I received it pretty quick, all of the others are in Japan. But it's fine, I'll get a copy eventually.

Sorry, damn that sucks dude. Maybe more reason to invest in a turbo everdrive :)

shinerbock
fire

Post#14 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:13 am

That's on the list! But they don't play CD games, do they? Most every game I want to play, at least for the moment, is on CD. But I guess I can always download and burn those to CD-R. I just like having the originals whenever possible.

Xiden
Developer

Post#15 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:32 pm

Yeah, there is no copy protection on the TG CDs :)

shinerbock
fire

Post#16 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:12 pm

Ok, just ordered Forgotten Worlds and the Avenue Pad 3 separately from 2 sellers on eBay. Should arrive next week, so it's something to look forward to.

On a related note: I messaged a different seller on Amazon selling the Forgotten Worlds + Avenue Pad 3 limited edition to verify it comes with everything. After a couple of days he finally replied and admitted that it only comes with the game and the box; no controller. Shouldn't he say that in his listing??? It just says something generic like, "May not include all options". That really blows my mind. Here's the listing:

https://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Worlds ... ten+worlds

The 3rd seller (Komadori Ya@Always) is who I messaged. At least he was honest with me so I didn't waste my time again. Does that kind of listing seem normal?

Xiden
Developer

Post#17 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:35 pm

shinerbock wrote:Ok, just ordered Forgotten Worlds and the Avenue Pad 3 separately from 2 sellers on eBay. Should arrive next week, so it's something to look forward to.

On a related note: I messaged a different seller on Amazon selling the Forgotten Worlds + Avenue Pad 3 limited edition to verify it comes with everything. After a couple of days he finally replied and admitted that it only comes with the game and the box; no controller. Shouldn't he say that in his listing??? It just says something generic like, "May not include all options". That really blows my mind. Here's the listing:

https://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Worlds ... ten+worlds

The 3rd seller (Komadori Ya@Always) is who I messaged. At least he was honest with me so I didn't waste my time again. Does that kind of listing seem normal?

I never buy from people with generic photos. Those listings tend to be fraud or misleading. You were wise to email him and find out ahead of time what he offered.

shinerbock
fire

Post#18 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:46 pm

Well, on the plus side, Forgotten Worlds and the Avenue Pad 3 arrived today. On the down side, I still don't have my Duo. In fact, it still hasn't been shipped. Ordered it last Monday (1/9). Seller says he's behind on parcels due to being a one-man operation and having a full-time job, and that was last week. Figure I'll give him until tomorrow to get it in the mail before he gets a sternly-worded email. I don't want to be unreasonable, but waiting over a week to ship an item doesn't seem right.

How long would you normally give a seller to ship any item before getting frustrated?

Xiden
Developer

Post#19 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Wow a week is pretty dang unreasonable actually, should go out with in 1-3 days. I think Ebay even has rules about that... Don't let him stall too long because of Ebay's refund policy I think is 30 days? (Not sure).

I inquire today about the status of your item, and if he still doesn't ship this week I'd cancel the order. You don't want to take a chance of him never shipping and trying to steal your money. Usually USPS does a good job of screwing up deliveries so you don't want anymore delays then you have to. You might request him upgrade your shipping too for the inconvenience.

shinerbock
fire

Post#20 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:42 am

Exchanged messages with the seller, and he assured me that he shipped my Duo yesterday (even though USPS tracking still isn't updated...but that's not unheard of for USPS). I figure I I'll give it maybe through the end of the week before escalating (it's shipping from Houston, TX and I'm in Austin around 2 1/2 hours away, so it should arrive pretty fast).

Thanks for the advice, by the way. I'll let you know how this stuff ends up playing out.

Return to “Other Consoles”