Making your SD card less prone to lock-ups (GDemu).

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Re: Making your SD card less prone to lock-ups (GDemu).

Post#11 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:18 pm

With my new file system settings I found that certain issues with Fist of the North Star have been fixed. Previously whenever a second player tried to join mid-round it would black screen, now it works perfectly fine. Also, I used to experience lock-ups when using Thouther's super move; I had no issues using it in 2 player mode during my most recent test. So basically, the only down side to my method thus far is slightly longer loading times, and the fact that Fist of the North Star still freezes in attract mode after 45 minutes or so.

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#12 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:55 pm

More specifically: Fist of the North Star locks up while trying to load the introduction video. I'm wondering if smaller clusters might fix the Code Veronica issue for GDemu clone users? I don't have a game save to try, otherwise I would. I realise this isn't the most ideal fix to begin with, but hopefully it sheds some light on what the issues might be.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#13 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:58 pm

mkandersson1082 wrote:More specifically: Fist of the North Star locks up while trying to load the introduction video. I'm wondering if smaller clusters might fix the Code Veronica issue for GDemu clone users? I don't have a game save to try, otherwise I would. I realise this isn't the most ideal fix to begin with, but hopefully it sheds some light on what the issues might be.

That seems unlikely.

I'd really like to see a system dump right before a lockup happens.

It's really a mystery why the Dreamcast hardware fails.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#14 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:07 am

MoeFoh wrote:
mkandersson1082 wrote:More specifically: Fist of the North Star locks up while trying to load the introduction video. I'm wondering if smaller clusters might fix the Code Veronica issue for GDemu clone users? I don't have a game save to try, otherwise I would. I realise this isn't the most ideal fix to begin with, but hopefully it sheds some light on what the issues might be.

That seems unlikely.

Agreed; it is most unlikely it'd make any difference in CV, but I'm glad it provided more accurate reads for my Atomiswave collection.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#15 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:22 am

mkandersson1082 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:

That seems unlikely.

Agreed; it is most unlikely it'd make any difference in CV, but I'm glad it provided more accurate reads for my Atomiswave collection.

I wonder if anyone can report lockups using a sd card reader with Atomiswave games? The read transfer rate is around 5mbs.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#16 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:36 am

MoeFoh wrote:
mkandersson1082 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:
That seems unlikely.

I wonder if anyone can report lockups using a sd card reader with Atomiswave games? The read transfer rate is around 5mbs.

The SD card reader over the serial port? I've read of audio stuttering in Atomiswave games, but not freezing.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#17 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:29 am

good quality card can hit 7mbs on the serial port as megavolt showed

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#18 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:20 am

Ian Micheal wrote:good quality card can hit 7mbs on the serial port as megavolt showed

I remember the days they couldn't even push 1MB out of it. 7MB is massive!

megavolt85
Developer

Post#19 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:13 am

mkandersson1082 wrote:I remember the days they couldn't even push 1MB out of it. 7MB is massive!

1 megabyte per second = 8 megabits per second
you probably just got confused in these values
megabytes are usually indicated as MB
megabits are usually indicated as Mb

yzb
Developer

Post#20 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:51 am

The problem with the Resident Evil Veronica Tiger Head bug was that it was reading too fast, causing the initialization process of items to be skipped, and this bug has been fixed in the Chinese version I'm involved in