Premier Eleven (Atomiswave 2003 Unreleased). Can we get a copy?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

bingobongo
minority

Re: Premier Eleven (Atomiswave 2003 Unreleased) is for sale. Can we get a copy?

Post#101 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:25 am

We also don't know how much the owner spent on the cart? It could have been around the amount they're asking for now. If that's the case, I think it does change how you look at the owner and what they're doing. At least there is some sort of lifeline - even if it does seem a little impossible. I just don't think that many people would chip in - even with a Kickstarter.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#102 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:55 pm

cloofoofoo wrote:
DCGX wrote:I don't like the idea of people getting these types of builds and then asking for money to release them. It's scummy. I won't be giving any money. Especially since the devs that, you know, actually did the work, won't get anything from it.

They werent gonna get money anyways, it was cancelled, its more of an access fee to get it released since it will be devalued when its released. Its weird concept wise but pretty much how assembler games ran when it was up. He is asking for an outrageous amount. He is overestimating it just because its an arcade prototype.

I know it's unreleased. Doesn't mean it's any less scummy. Because, in these situations, people like this are effectively holding these games hostage. "Pay me or no one gets it. WAHAHAHAHA"!

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#103 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:06 pm

DCGX wrote:
cloofoofoo wrote:
DCGX wrote:I don't like the idea of people getting these types of builds and then asking for money to release them. It's scummy. I won't be giving any money. Especially since the devs that, you know, actually did the work, won't get anything from it.

They werent gonna get money anyways, it was cancelled, its more of an access fee to get it released since it will be devalued when its released. Its weird concept wise but pretty much how assembler games ran when it was up. He is asking for an outrageous amount. He is overestimating it just because its an arcade prototype.

I know it's unreleased. Doesn't mean it's any less scummy. Because, in these situations, people like this are effectively holding these games hostage. "Pay me or no one gets it. WAHAHAHAHA"!

Yes, i agree with everything you said but there really isnt any point in getting mad over it, its a luxury. Whether this guy is gate guarding it for 14k or the developer threw it in the wood chipper, we are simply not supposed to have it.

For every guy like this guy there is the owner of kenju( know of him). He wanted to release it for free and send it to get dumped they dumped it and never released it. Instead ghosting him till it got leaked. I imagine thats what happened to chicago 1929 and why it hasnt been released.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#104 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:10 am

I'm not mad. I just said it was scummy and explained my reasoning.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#105 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:19 pm

Hi to all: Thank you for the responses, it can be great bussiness or failed bussiness
Here what you wrote:

1-MastaG "Lower the price": That is a part of negotiation in this, of course. I have to got a realistic idea on how much in U$ dollars it can be possible for the fund to continue or stop negotiation there.
2-Axel85 "Wish he mind doing a Kickstarter if it's legal". Yes, he wrote to my to do it. Thanks, any contribution will be needed. The dump is the goal, the box and covers can be do it by any of us. The price was published for the Cartridge with the Atomiswave board together.
3-DCGX "I don't like the idea of people getting these types of builds and then asking for money to release them". It is up to majority I understand, this can be a volunteer negotiation like any other in the market and if we will be happy with what we will obtain i think it does not matter what the other part obtains.
4-Cloofoofoo "it will be devalued when its released" markets laws says exactly that, so he will have a devaluated cartridge after any selling any copy.
5-Scrivani "Objectively, how much he want for the cartridge?". We did not still talked about how much U$ before I consulting real possibilities to you all. We have to got an idea if the game is enough appreciatted or if only few people wants to give any amount to a Premier Eleven kickstarter fund. I guess Dreamcast community is not the more interested, it is more interested in AW games than arcade or AW users and the owner has noticed this.
6-bingobongo "We also don't know how much the owner spent on the cart? It could have been around the amount they're asking for now". There is not talk about U$ yet but the idea is reduce it at minimum. First I think we have to achieve as a community the most closed and realistic idea then to communicate him. Rumors of having a great unvaluable piece feeds market prices (and so foolish pretensions)

Last I would like to say I do not pretend to be any illusionist for anybody or "the dealer" here, I am of a realistic thinking and if we can get what we want, i think it does not matter anything more, as I reserched before the game is not unique, at least there is two units in existance, so with this kind of info I think we have to fight any price, fund, bussiness to our best benefit,

Any more ideas or anyone adding info on what we talk here will be welcomed...

PD: I suppose the PE owner is not a DC-Talk user
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Axel85
lithium

Post#106 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:16 pm

I'm also pretty sure to have seen it in Italy. We are sure there are at least 2 builds because of different title screen ( only the writings) you can find on the available pictures and videos

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#107 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:05 am

I found in a web "MetalliC" user owns this game
sega.c0.pl
Anyone knows about him?
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#108 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:22 am

It's Rolly I believe. But I'm very surprised it's perhaps a owner...

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#109 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:46 am

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:I found in a web "MetalliC" user owns this game
sega.c0.pl
Anyone knows about him?

MetalliC is the dev of demul

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#110 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:01 am

As this thread is going into circles from time to time;

megavolt85 wrote:MetalliC this is one of the three members of the team that was involved in the preservation of AtomisWave games

Premier Eleven is safely dumped but not publicly released (from what I gather) due to financial reasons.
MetalliC has done a lot of great work, especially in regards to Naomi hacks\patches. You can find him at arcade-projects.