Ranger Mission

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

freakdave
undertow

Re: Ranger Mission

Post#31 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:50 am

javierv14 wrote:
freakdave wrote:No lightgun here either, at least i can confirm Attract Mode working just fine :roll:

Are you using lightgun on controller 3?, controller 3 & 4 are player 1 & player 2

Sorry man, i don't have a lightgun, therefore i wasn't even able to progress any further to the menus.
Too easy! Just as I thought!

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#32 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:57 am

A new lightgun game YEH!!!!!

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Post#33 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:26 am

Just played it on my DC and it worked great on my PVM. Sadly it freezes my capture card but for some reason the Elgato HD 60 S and DC never play nice together.

Captured on Demul. A bit touchy getting the guns to calibrate. I ended up assigning Port 3 to controller and Port 4 to light gun, then using Port 3 to enter the service menu and calibrate the guns. Then I just used Port 4 (Player 2) the entire game...no issues except some slight mouse lag.

But I was never able to get it working for Player 1 on Demul so hopefully that helps some people who dont have an ODE for their DC. For me PVM with light gun was the way to go! (outside of losing sync for capturing)

javierv14
fire

Post#34 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:10 pm

Vgesoterica wrote:Just played it on my DC and it worked great on my PVM. Sadly it freezes my capture card but for some reason the Elgato HD 60 S and DC never play nice together.

Captured on Demul. A bit touchy getting the guns to calibrate. I ended up assigning Port 3 to controller and Port 4 to light gun, then using Port 3 to enter the service menu and calibrate the guns. Then I just used Port 4 (Player 2) the entire game...no issues except some slight mouse lag.

But I was never able to get it working for Player 1 on Demul so hopefully that helps some people who dont have an ODE for their DC. For me PVM with light gun was the way to go! (outside of losing sync for capturing)

wao you are lucky then cause i just try it on demul i could not make that start button work neither in joy 1,2,3 or 4
i could not play the GDI on demul at all only the original atomiswave rom work for me correctly..i don't have a light gun
so i calibrate demul to use my mouse as a light gun..workd like a charm but only on the rom, GDI has been a pain in the ass...

titchgamer
rebel

Post#35 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:23 pm

I just had it running on my GDEMU on my CRT with 2 lightguns.
Works great bar a few minor issues...

It was a little hard to get into the menu, took a few attempts but got there in the end. Niot sure if that was down to my old guns or the game.

I found the reload kept trying to reload between shots so it was screwing up my gameplay.
I found changing it to handgun or auto in the menu fixed that issue.

The only thing I could not get to work way Player 2!
In the test menu it would not register my second gun plugged into port 4, I tried swapping the guns to rule out a gun problem but that was ok and I know the port is good as I tested it.

So other than P2 not being recognised working good on gdemu :)

tokyo-j
rebel

Post#36 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:04 pm

Works pretty good on a CRT. Using a Official Sega Japanese gun. What type of gun is everyone using?

titchgamer
rebel

Post#37 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:10 pm

tokyo-j wrote:Works pretty good on a CRT. Using a Official Sega Japanese gun. What type of gun is everyone using?

Did you try player 2?
I am using the standard DC gun.

megavolt85
Developer

Post#38 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:34 pm

Vgesoterica wrote:Captured on Demul. A bit touchy getting the guns to calibrate. I ended up assigning Port 3 to controller and Port 4 to light gun, then using Port 3 to enter the service menu and calibrate the guns. Then I just used Port 4 (Player 2) the entire game...no issues except some slight mouse lag.

in Demul right mouse button is B, middle mouse button is START ;)

titchgamer wrote:In the test menu it would not register my second gun plugged into port 4, I tried swapping the guns to rule out a gun problem but that was ok and I know the port is good as I tested it.

my freind test is with japan light gun and with pelican, both light gun fine work and calibrate
O992SOhXRow.jpg

titchgamer
rebel

Post#39 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:09 pm

megavolt85 wrote:
Vgesoterica wrote:Captured on Demul. A bit touchy getting the guns to calibrate. I ended up assigning Port 3 to controller and Port 4 to light gun, then using Port 3 to enter the service menu and calibrate the guns. Then I just used Port 4 (Player 2) the entire game...no issues except some slight mouse lag.

in Demul right mouse button is B, middle mouse button is START ;)

titchgamer wrote:In the test menu it would not register my second gun plugged into port 4, I tried swapping the guns to rule out a gun problem but that was ok and I know the port is good as I tested it.

my freind test is with japan light gun and with pelican, both light gun fine work and calibrate
O992SOhXRow.jpg

I was using the normal EU DC guns like this one:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ht_gun.jpg

Is he running with a gdemu?

rossbaycult
rebel

Post#40 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:19 pm

THANK YOU FOR THIS!