Re: Atomiswave Conversions FAQ

Post#191 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:13 am

law56ker wrote:Thank you vargus.

No Worries, Cheers.

SolidSonicTH
dark night

Post#192 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:13 am

I posted this in the specific game thread but I'll just drop it in here as well as I don't know how frequently trafficked this board is.

I tried to configure the SRAM settings for Force Five (and verified it by making sure the SRAM settings were preserved with a new run) but when I loaded the Dreamcast game after applying the dd patch to it the game would just load with its default configuration (so not even what was preconfigured in the original ISO, meaning it didn't even start in Free Play). What did I miss?

bayram
shadow

Post#193 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:16 pm

Hi! I can't get any of the Atomiswave games to work with my Dreamcast lightguns. I have Japanese lightguns. Is this a known issue? Thanks!

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#194 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:44 am

@bayram, from the top of my head you will need to connect the lightguns to port 3 & 4. I have a feeling you have the guns connected to port 1/2 ;)

megavolt85
Developer

Post#195 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:38 am

bayram wrote:Hi! I can't get any of the Atomiswave games to work with my Dreamcast lightguns. I have Japanese lightguns. Is this a known issue? Thanks!

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=13709

instruction in first post
To test these games, I used Japanese LightGun on VGA CRT monitor

bayram
shadow

Post#196 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:46 pm

Thanks guys! Was a clear case of "read the docs, dummy!" :)

KuroRaiden
noob

Post#197 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:03 pm

Hi new to the board and Dreamcast modding in general so I want to thank MegaVolt and YZB for all their hardwork. I know I'm a few years late to this forum and sure they are busy with their lives now more than ever. However, I do want to report about the control scheme for the fighting games. None of the fighting games and beat'em (Knight of Valor) resembles their arcade JAMMA layout (Button1-3 top row/ Buttons 4-6 bottom row) which means playing some of these games are be more awkward. The only tutorial I found shows how to change the layout for Metal Slug, but that game has a in-game mapper in its service menu. When I tried to do the same steps for Force Five, where was no control option in the service menu and some of the other games don't have access to the service menu on Dreamcast.

I know this may be a bit much to ask, but can someone make a config file that have the fighting and beat'em ups follow something that is more similar to their arcade layouts? I have 6 button controllers as well as brooks converters for arcade sticks, and this would be my prefer way to play.

Heres a bit of a diagram on what the buttons should be like when converted.

_____      _____      _____
___ / 1 \ / 2 \ / 3 \
| | | X | | Y | | Z/L |
STICK | | _____ \_____/ \_____/ \_____/
\ / /START\
| | |START| _____ _____ _____
D-PAD _| |_ \_____/ / 4 \ / 5 \ / 6 \
ANALOG STICK / | | \ | A | | B | |C/R|
\_____/ \_____/ \_____/ \_____/

Stolen layout from the post ^
--TOP ROW--
JAMMA BUTTON 1: A
JAMMA BUTTON 2: B
JAMMA BUTTON 3: C / L trigger
--BOTTOM ROW--
JAMMA BUTTON 4: X
JAMMA BUTTON 5: Y
JAMMA BUTTON 6: Z / Right Trigger
------------------------------------------------------------------------

NeoGeo Battle Coliseum for example has Both light buttons (A/B) on the top when they should be on the bottom.
This was consistent with Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the Northstar) where the controls are inverted.

Isuka inputs are also inverted but also the input for controllers are not customized to have Turn (JAMMA button 2) on a trigger instead of a face button.

I hopefully can compile a whole list of inputs, but it mostly seems that everything is just inverted

*edit: Fix Diagram so that explanation is more clear