Atomiswave to Dreamcast CDI releases centralization

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Atomiswave to Dreamcast CDI releases centralization

Post#81 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:38 pm

DCUltrapro wrote:Is Maximum Speed the same as Faster Than speed?

*EDIT*
The file based ones are already working via SD Card though right? Is it worth me trying to get dreamshell to work FROM the SD card or is that not possible? Do I still have to run dreamshell from a CD?

Good questions:
Answer 1:
Maximum Speed (trucks) and Faster Than Speed (cars) are two different racing games.

Answer 2:
I am considering doing the DreamShell method being I do not want to mod my Dreamcast, which the .GDI files do work as per the main topic for the Atomiswave.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#82 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:56 am

Bob Dobbs wrote:

*EDIT*
The file based ones are already working via SD Card though right? Is it worth me trying to get dreamshell to work FROM the SD card or is that not possible? Do I still have to run dreamshell from a CD?

Good questions:
Answer 1:
Maximum Speed (trucks) and Faster Than Speed (cars) are two different racing games.

Answer 2:
I am considering doing the DreamShell method being I do not want to mod my Dreamcast, which the .GDI files do work as per the main topic for the Atomiswave.

I posted them all working on sd card with the cheap sd reader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD1Shko ... 1jVAPzHTYV

they all have time stamps on correct memory settings loader to work.. no mods are needed to use only use a cdr to boot dreamcast not run things off it.. the dreamshell cdr boots dreamshell on the sd card cant fit or run all the gdi files off a cdr

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#83 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:37 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:

*EDIT*

Good questions:
Answer 1:

Answer 2:

they all have time stamps on correct memory settings loader to work.. no mods are needed to use only use a cdr to boot dreamcast not run things off it.. the dreamshell cdr boots dreamshell on the sd card cant fit or run all the gdi files off a cdr

That's awesome! Very helpful... however I'm in a situation at the moment where my sd card and my dreamshell don't seem to be working that well. I use dreamshell 4.0 burnt to a cdr, and I don't seem to have these loader applications on my dreamshell which allow you guys to set the memory settings etc. So...

Ideally if anyone can help me, I'd need instructions on how to get a loader application running on my dreamshell, no idea why I don't have one, and clarification on the ways that dreamshell can be ran... I have a cd which loads the dreamshell app but then all my modded games or homebrews etc are on the SD CARD, I just dont seem to have the option to use a loader app anywhere in my SD card file structure.

I tried to use the DC Swat loader but pcwzrd explained that the dc swat loader is just a bin file which goes in a certain location and works when you load the cdis... but I still can't get anything to load :cry:
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#84 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:58 am

DCUltrapro wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:
Good questions:
Answer 1:

Answer 2:

That's awesome! Very helpful... however I'm in a situation at the moment where my sd card and my dreamshell don't seem to be working that well. I use dreamshell 4.0 burnt to a cdr, and I don't seem to have these loader applications on my dreamshell which allow you guys to set the memory settings etc. So...

Ideally if anyone can help me, I'd need instructions on how to get a loader application running on my dreamshell, no idea why I don't have one, and clarification on the ways that dreamshell can be ran... I have a cd which loads the dreamshell app but then all my modded games or homebrews etc are on the SD CARD, I just dont seem to have the option to use a loader app anywhere in my SD card file structure.

I tried to use the DC Swat loader but pcwzrd explained that the dc swat loader is just a bin file which goes in a certain location and works when you load the cdis... but I still can't get anything to load :cry:

I give you an answer on my channel.. You need to unpack retrodream on the root of your sd card .. the cdr dont matter which just loads the gui o/s on the sd card..

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#85 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:07 am

Yeah sorry I didn't put 2 and 2 together that the channel was yours until after I'd posted my comment on your video lol, sorry!

I'll give it a go and let you know how it goes, but I can't help but feel like something else is wrong with my SD Card, for example when I tried to use the dc swat loader sd.bin file and place it in the recommended location I had to make the location folder as it wasn't present

\DS\firmware\isoldr\
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

AlanH
rebel

Post#86 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:52 am

Are there more CDI files of Atomiswave games yet, aside for the three which are mentioned on the first page of this thread?

Hi, my name's Alan. I have been following these forums for a long time, but I finally got very impatient with this thread and I started an account so I could actually post.

I burn Dreamcast games and software onto CDs.

Although I do have an SD reader, I have issues with it -- either my SD cards are the wrong kind for it, or the CD that it came with is wrong. I have decided that I'd prefer not to try to figure out what my main issue with my SD reader is, because I'd prefer to collect games and software on physical discs. I buy what I can, and I burn the rest.

If any more Atomiswave games, than the three which are mentioned on the first page of this thread, have been converted to CDI files, please let me know here. Thanks.

sagabeat
rebel

Post#87 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:54 am

AlanH wrote:Are there more CDI files of Atomiswave games yet, aside for the three which are mentioned on the first page of this thread?

Hi, my name's Alan. I have been following these forums for a long time, but I finally got very impatient with this thread and I started an account so I could actually post.

I burn Dreamcast games and software onto CDs.

Although I do have an SD reader, I have issues with it -- either my SD cards are the wrong kind for it, or the CD that it came with is wrong. I have decided that I'd prefer not to try to figure out what my main issue with my SD reader is, because I'd prefer to collect games and software on physical discs. I buy what I can, and I burn the rest.

If any more Atomiswave games, than the three which are mentioned on the first page of this thread, have been converted to CDI files, please let me know here. Thanks.

Knights of Valour The Seven Spirits CDI
https://mega.nz/file/FbZCxZCZ#O1vlwPten ... pBvGRRSOsY

AlanH
rebel

Post#88 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:00 pm

Thanks. Looking forward to more :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#89 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:30 pm

Cdi version run worst then the SD card serial port just so you know that..

atzelala
shadow

Post#90 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:47 pm

@sagabeat: Thank you for another game in cdi format.