Atomiswave to Dreamcast CDI releases centralization

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mrtempuser
shadow

Re: Atomiswave to Dreamcast CDI releases centralization

Post#71 » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:29 pm

I registered to say a big "THANK YOU" to everyone making these releases possible. It's been awesome to be able to run these hidden gems on my Dreamcast!

I'll also go ahead and post my experience with a particular game, and if it helps anyone, cool. If not, just ignore. First, I had tried emulating a few of the Atomiswave conversions (have a HTPC running Lakka), as commercial games run fine. But a few releases, such as Samurai Spirits 6, have issues (graphical glitches, stuttering sound). These same glitches are present when trying to run the arcade ROM, too.

So, I got around to getting out some old PC hardware, and burned a few of the CDI's (Verbatim CD-R at 1x) to play on my DC. This includes Samurai Spirits 6, which when running from disc on a DC, seems damn near perfect. No graphical glitches, no consistent stutters, none of that. The only issue is that the game seems to pause for a second every now and then, which I presume is due to the bottleneck caused by loading from CD, rather from the cartridge it was designed to run from.

So, thank you again. I really appreciate these releases, and look forward to more (Dolphin Blue gets my vote :-P )!

exawatt
Anarki

Post#72 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:32 am

Up!

tenchi ryu
dark night

Post#73 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:06 pm

Can we get a update, seems a few more fighting games were added?

BlazedRunner
undertow

Post#74 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:06 am

That would be swell.
:geek:

Dreamcast:PAL,Model 1,VGA Box

Twitch.tv/Blaz3dRunner

saku3
minority

Post#75 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:52 pm

hello, any news about ngbc and the rumble fish 2 to cdi?

ricbalbi
shadow

Post#76 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:10 pm

Hello. the same question about Dolphin Blue, Maximum Speed to CDI?

a7mag3ddon
noob

Post#77 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:05 pm

Thank you for sharing these conversions :)

OfManNotMachine
letterbomb

Post#78 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:40 pm

Has anyone made disc art and case art for these releases by chance? I'd love to make some nice looking repros of these for my collection. If not, I can try to whip something up and share it with the community

exawatt
Anarki

Post#79 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:24 am

OfManNotMachine wrote:Has anyone made disc art and case art for these releases by chance? I'd love to make some nice looking repros of these for my collection. If not, I can try to whip something up and share it with the community

Dreamquest is doing a very good job (front, back, cd and other good things)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsq4VI ... awudHS649Q

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#80 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:19 am

Hey guys, bit late to the party here so apologies if I'm mixed up or missed something, but is Maximum Speed the same as Faster Than speed? Has there been any update to the list with latest versions etc? Its been a while since I've been here but glad to see things are still going well and stuff is coming out on my beloved box!

*EDIT*
Think I'm following a bit more now, this thread is specifically related to CDI release of the games, The file based ones are already working via SD Card though right? Is it worth me trying to get dreamshell to work FROM the SD card or is that not possible? Do I still have to run dreamshell from a CD?
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc