The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Post#131 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:23 am

la-li-lu-le-lo wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:from disk it will work even worse
with frequent reading in small portions, the CD is worse than the SD serial mod

That's what I thought. But developers were able to do this, right? I mean with Naomi to DC ports. Modding obviously isn't the same, but maybe with enough time/effort eventually it'll be possible.

We dont have the src code your talking teams of people with the src and sega's help and millions of dollars to do cut back ports to dreamcast proper job..

This just not possible in our spare time with people not at the same skill levels and or a real life outside of this hobby

This is as good as it gets .. prolly little too good people are getting spolt thinking a dead 21 year console with limited ram can do things it just cant with out a massive amount of time and effort..

Right now this what your getting here is way past what you would got even 3 years ago..

Thanks megavolt and YZB for making a lot of peoples dreams come true they play better then a lot of retail dreamcast games..

Only why these work is sega lied and Atomiswave is a dreamcast

la-li-lu-le-lo
undertow

Post#132 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:18 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:We dont have the src code your talking teams of people with the src and sega's help and millions of dollars to do cut back ports to dreamcast proper job..

This just not possible in our spare time with people not at the same skill levels and or a real life outside of this hobby

This is as good as it gets .. prolly little too good people are getting spolt thinking a dead 21 year console with limited ram can do things it just cant with out a massive amount of time and effort..

I agree if you're talking about now or this year, but it's impossible to predict what people will do in the future. Homebrew devs have already done things that exceeded previous expectations.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#133 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:23 pm

la-li-lu-le-lo wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:We dont have the src code your talking teams of people with the src and sega's help and millions of dollars to do cut back ports to dreamcast proper job..

I agree if you're talking about now or this year, but it's impossible to predict what people will do in the future. Homebrew devs have already done things that exceeded previous expectations.

Yeah many of us have been around from the start i date from 2002 april .. I can tell you right now you never see a homebrew Naomi port to dreamcast..

la-li-lu-le-lo
undertow

Post#134 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:45 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Yeah many of us have been around from the start i date from 2002 april .. I can tell you right now you never see a homebrew Naomi port to dreamcast..

Never? Even in a thousand years? A million? Eventually an AI could do it.

Motoracer5
blackout!

Post#135 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:21 pm

la-li-lu-le-lo wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Yeah many of us have been around from the start i date from 2002 april .. I can tell you right now you never see a homebrew Naomi port to dreamcast..

Why do you you want inferior versions of Naomi games so bad when there are ways to play the actual arcade versions? Same with GTA3, it would be a huge undertaking for a crippled version of the game.

Also, what homebrew has exceeded previous expectations? SM64 comes to mind, but that is definitely a different category

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#136 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:49 pm

la-li-lu-le-lo wrote:

Dont matter how much wishing or anything there is no src to these games you cant even start a port

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#137 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:50 pm

Motoracer5 wrote:
la-li-lu-le-lo wrote:

Why do you you want inferior versions of Naomi games so bad when there are ways to play the actual arcade versions? Same with GTA3, it would be a huge undertaking for a crippled version of the game.

Also, what homebrew has exceeded previous expectations? SM64 comes to mind, but that is definitely a different category

Quite a lot depends on your expectations

Motoracer5
blackout!

Post#138 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:43 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Quite a lot depends on your expectations

SM64 was cool to see on the Dreamcast and quite the accomplishment in my eyes. But SM64 is considered a milestone in video games, ran on hardware quite a bit less powerful than the DC, and was also decompiled.

Atomiswave=Dreamcast I think that whole situation has people confused about what is realistically possible for DC ports. People get all excited about it, but do zero research on why those games are on the DC

To me ports like VVVVVV and your stand alone NeoGeo and Quake releases make more sense as they run properly and don't really make sacrifices to run on the DC. They actually expand on the usefulness of the system, not just novelty items

la-li-lu-le-lo
undertow

Post#139 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:37 am

Motoracer5 wrote:Atomiswave=Dreamcast I think that whole situation has people confused about what is realistically possible for DC ports. People get all excited about it, but do zero research on why those games are on the DC

I don't know if this is directed at me, but none of that applies to me. If this is your assumption about me, you're wrong.

Motoracer5
blackout!

Post#140 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:51 pm

la-li-lu-le-lo wrote:I don't know if this is directed at me, but none of that applies to me. If this is your assumption about me, you're wrong.

Nah, lots of people make poorly researched requests. You seem extra goofy though.

la-li-lu-le-lo wrote:Never? Even in a thousand years? A million? Eventually an AI could do it.