Knights of Valour The Seven Spirits(Update cdi 32M version)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

kcgamester
shadow

Re: Knights of Valour The Seven Spirits(Update cdi version test)

Post#111 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:18 pm

Thanks for your hard work, but there is no C/L button mapping. Only A, B X & Y. Please fix. Thank you.

yzb
Developer

Post#112 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:06 am

This game only needs 3 buttons, usually we don’t need L or R keys

kcgamester
shadow

Post#113 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:59 am

yzb wrote:This game only needs 3 buttons, usually we don’t need L or R keys

1. Not L or R. L or C just like the FAQ states. The Dreamcast arcade stick has an ABC & XYZ layout specifically for 3 or 6 button games. C is L . There is no R. Read the FAQ.

2. Dolphin Blue uses the C/L and it is a three button game. Metal Slug six is a 4 button game ant it uses C/L.

3. Thank you for your hard work, but obviously you neglected to map C/L just like the FAQ illustrates.

yzb
Developer

Post#114 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:12 am

kcgamester wrote:

1. Not L or R. L or C just like the FAQ states. The Dreamcast arcade stick has an ABC & XYZ layout specifically for 3 or 6 button games. C is L . There is no R. Read the FAQ.

2. Dolphin Blue uses the C/L and it is a three button game. Metal Slug six is a 4 button game ant it uses C/L.

3. Thank you for your hard work, but obviously you neglected to map C/L just like the FAQ illustrates.

1 The C button of this game is to jump, I don’t think it is a good way to set the jump to L or R

2 FAQ is the answer, we should modify the layout of the game buttons according to the actual situation of the game, instead of modifying the layout of the faq for faq

3 If you think it is necessary, you can ask other people to help modify it, I don’t mind

Finally, thank you for your reply

kcgamester
shadow

Post#115 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:48 am

yzb wrote:
kcgamester wrote:

1 The C button of this game is to jump, I don’t think it is a good way to set the jump to L or R

2 FAQ is the answer, we should modify the layout of the game buttons according to the actual situation of the game, instead of modifying the layout of the faq for faq

3 If you think it is necessary, you can ask other people to help modify it, I don’t mind

1. So by your own admission, you've neglected the FAQ regarding C.

2. Using DD anyone can remap the buttons for jump. It does not have to be C for jump.

3. The three button arcade stick layout is desirable by many I'm sure. This simulates the arcade experience.

4. Thanks for your time.

spoonrage
rebel

Post#116 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:03 am

Some folks seem to be ungrateful for what has been offered so far, just be thankfull for things so far and like was said im sure games with problems will sorted after porting of games is all done.. be patient or fix problems yourself im sure Mega and yzb don't mind. :)

kcgamester
shadow

Post#117 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:38 am

spoonrage wrote:Some folks seem to be ungrateful for what has been offered so far, just be thankfull for things so far and like was said im sure games with problems will sorted after porting of games is all done.. be patient or fix problems yourself im sure Mega and yzb don't mind. :)

I said thanks several times. ;)

yzb
Developer

Post#118 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:39 am

kcgamester wrote:
yzb wrote:
kcgamester wrote:

1. So by your own admission, you've neglected the FAQ regarding C.

2. Using DD anyone can remap the buttons for jump. It does not have to be C for jump.

3. The three button arcade stick layout is desirable by many I'm sure. This simulates the arcade experience.

4. Thanks for your time.

This game cannot use dd mapping buttons, I think you don’t understand and have not played this game, so please go play this game :oops:

kcgamester
shadow

Post#119 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:53 pm

yzb wrote:

This game cannot use DD mapping buttons, I think you don’t understand and have not played this game, so please go play this game :oops:

1. Page one of this thread clearly states DD now works ("Now we can use dd") . https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13603

2. I played the game and and used DD after you provided a patch to track 4. Button mapping only works with A, B, X, and Y. No C/R mapping. That was the whole point of my original post. The same problem exists with Demolish Fist.

3. Please follow the FAQ. ;)

slivercr
core

Post#120 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:56 pm

kcgamester wrote:
yzb wrote:

This game cannot use DD mapping buttons, I think you don’t understand and have not played this game, so please go play this game :oops:

1. Page one of this thread clearly states DD now works ("Now we can use dd") . https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13603

2. I played the game and and used DD after you provided a patch to track 4. Button mapping only works with A, B, X, and Y. No C/R mapping. That was the whole point of my original post. The same problem exists with Demolish Fist.

3. Please follow the FAQ. ;)

Whoa whoa whoa, the FAQ is meant to help the USERS by describing commonly asked questions, NOT GUIDE THE DEVS.

I wrote MOST games follow that layout, this one seems to not do so. I'll update the FAQ to accommodate this game.

@yzb, the problem is that the configuration for the ROM doesn't allow to remap the buttons, precisely because its a 3-button game. Since you hard coded the buttons to X, A, B, they pretty much can't be changed. Anyone wanting to use an arcade stick will have to use the same layout as a standard controller.