Post#111 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:58 pm

My guy!!

trekts
dark night

Re: Neogeo Battle Coliseum

Post#112 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:06 pm

megavolt85 wrote:added version for SD mod
all who have problem on ODE need test SD version, it's have fixes for ODE too

Still froze on my ode. Right before the 2nd match started. Game locked up and music looped.

dxen1
fire

Post#113 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:53 pm

trekts wrote:

Still froze on my ode. Right before the 2nd match started. Game locked up and music looped.

which ode? worked fine for a few rounds with me with real and clone gdemu

faroffmods
noob

Post#114 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:35 am

I had freeze ups during the demo using the original download. Also during game play. I decided to take the advice of Megavolt after reading the FAQ thread."even small delays on the SD card cause the game to freeze"

https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... 40#p136836

This got me thinking maybe I just needed a faster SD card, or a fresh format. Anyways, I bought a faster SD card since I needed more space as well. The read/write speed of my old card maxed out around 18mbps. This new one maxes out around 30mbps. So about double the read/write speed.

After installing the new SD card. I tried the original NeoGeo BC download. And all freeze up issues were resolved.

I have yet to try the new download Megavolt just posted. I am under the impression some issues people experience might not have anything to do with fixes Megavolt is attempting. As much as I do appreciate his work, we should equally be testing our end to rule out all the different hardware aspects that could be causing issues.

I am using a USB-GDROM (latest firmware) and a usb to microsd adapter. MicroSD card is 256gb Sandisk @ 30mbps.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#115 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:56 am

Well yes using old sd cards will cause problems i use on Sd serial port class 10 new card i dont get any of the problems people reported loading is not 1 min more like under 10 sec

Stepz
noob

Post#116 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:31 am

I especially bought a fast SD-card for my GDemu en had no freezes at all.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#117 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:38 am

Atomiswave Neogeo Battle Coliseum DCMC 2 Retrodream Serial port SD card[HDMI 60FPS] DREAMCAST

set youtube to 720p 60fps Correct settings at time stamp 0:32

There's some stutter between loading nothing much in game is fine some slowdown but it's nothing really to stop you playing well.. And the real game has slow down..

Acey
minority

Post#118 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:32 am

I am using a 4gb old sd card and I dont get much issues
With this test game runs flawless actually loads really fast and just like Ian I get a lil skip stutter before the stage loads but in game is totally fine.. so this is just my assumption but sd cards may or may not be a factor as I have a really old 4gb and they seem to work just as good as Ian's class 10

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#119 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:44 am

Acey wrote:I am using a 4gb old sd card and I dont get much issues
With this test game runs flawless actually loads really fast and just like Ian I get a lil skip stutter before the stage loads but in game is totally fine.. so this is just my assumption but sd cards may or may not be a factor as I have a really old 4gb and they seem to work just as good as Ian's class 10

Your card might be of HQ then some these old ones people are using.. Just not the same in the way it's made.. I know i have older cards that dont work as well..

I'm using a 32gb card not having a problem yet people say you need a smaller card ..

Also the serial port readers are not all the same or made as well from china.. got factors like this

trekts
dark night

Post#120 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:53 pm

dxen1 wrote:
trekts wrote:

which ode? worked fine for a few rounds with me with real and clone gdemu

I have a clone GDEMU v.5.15B.