Sega bass fishing challenge porting

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Axel85
lithium

Sega bass fishing challenge porting

Post#1 » Sun May 02, 2021 3:40 am

Hi , is there any reason why sega bass fishing challenge has not been ported to dreamcast ?

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Re: Sega bass fishing challenge porting

Post#2 » Sun May 02, 2021 7:59 am

Too bad Sega had to make the last Atomiswave game not Sammy themselves. I wish that Capcom vs Sammy game was made oh to see Street Fighter cast in Guilty Gear high shading!
Attachments
sammyvcapcom.jpg
sammyvcapcom.jpg (10.84 KiB) Viewed 10397 times

Batossai84
shadow

Post#3 » Sun May 02, 2021 8:57 am

I asked about it two weeks ago, but nobody answered. Probably lack of interest in porting it. In the end, this is just a hobby and people have their own lifes and problems.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#4 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:23 am

@megavolt85 needs also a break, I guess. He deserves it :-)

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#5 » Mon May 03, 2021 3:51 am

I talked with megavolt85 about this a while back. He said he wants to make the Sega Fishing Rod work with the game and the analog stick to function as the default fishing controller. I asked because I was wondering if the Dreamcast mouse would be required. As far as a release date, we will just have to be patient.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

alfdaur
noob

Post#6 » Thu May 06, 2021 5:12 am

Echoing MoeFoh - I was bothering(tm) megavolt85 about it as well, and he said that he had to redo the controls. I guess its a bigger project than the other ports so far. I am looking forward to it though, bass fishing is one of the few games ive gotten the wife interested in :)

Axel85
lithium

Post#7 » Thu May 06, 2021 4:00 pm

MoeFoh wrote:I talked with megavolt85 about this a while back. He said he wants to make the Sega Fishing Rod work with the game and the analog stick to function as the default fishing controller. I asked because I was wondering if the Dreamcast mouse would be required. As far as a release date, we will just have to be patient.

Yes sure We and I can wait ... I was only asking because I am a big fan of sega bass fishing ( mostly the first and marine fishing ) , and never played this strange version that used the trackball . I also have a new original and unopened Dreamcast mouse , but if he can get it to work with a controller or the fishing rod it would be better . I never understood why they choose to use a stupid trackball in the cabinet

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Post#8 » Tue May 18, 2021 9:38 am

Axel85 wrote:
MoeFoh wrote:I talked with megavolt85 about this a while back. He said he wants to make the Sega Fishing Rod work with the game and the analog stick to function as the default fishing controller. I asked because I was wondering if the Dreamcast mouse would be required. As far as a release date, we will just have to be patient.

Yes sure We and I can wait ... I was only asking because I am a big fan of sega bass fishing ( mostly the first and marine fishing ) , and never played this strange version that used the trackball . I also have a new original and unopened Dreamcast mouse , but if he can get it to work with a controller or the fishing rod it would be better . I never understood why they choose to use a stupid trackball in the cabinet

probably had a bunch of spare trackballs sitting in the warehouse and figured "yeah...that'll work"

beanboy
Wazza

Post#9 » Tue May 18, 2021 1:22 pm

They used a trackball in that game?

Axel85
lithium

Post#10 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:09 pm

Yes :lol: