Tetris Tuesdays - The Next Tetris: On-line Edition - Tue. Jan-28 @ 9:00 P.M. Eastern Time

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Tetris Tuesdays - The Next Tetris: On-line Edition - Tue. Jan-28 @ 9:00 P.M. Eastern Time

Post#1 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:12 am

This is the official Tetris Tuesdays thread. Tetris Tuesdays are a weekly series of events hosted by Nz17 which will feature The Next Tetris: On-line Edition. Look below for the events' schedule.

Current Game:
The Next Tetris: On-line Edition
Tuesday, January 28th
9:00 P.M. Eastern Time (UTC−05:00)

Future Days:
Tuesday, February 4th
Tuesday, February 11th
Tuesday, February 18th
Tuesday, February 25th

(I will edit this first post to reflect the newest scheduled live game every time there is a new one.)
Last edited by Nz17 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Re: The Next Tetris: On-line Edition 2020-Jan-02 @ 9:00 P.M. Mountain Time - Nighttime Online Dreamcast'ing with Nz17

Post#2 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:20 pm

i havent had the chance to play in a while so ill try to be there

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Re: The Next Tetris: On-line Edition 2020-Jan-02 @ 9:00 P.M. Mountain Time - Nighttime Online Dreamcast'ing with Nz17

Post#3 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:01 pm

im logged in and ready to go

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#4 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:17 am

thanks for the games, thats all i can do for now

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#5 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:24 am

What's wrong, are you pooped? ;-)

Seriously though, thanks for playing. I hadn't been able to play that game online in more than a decade.

Sorry about the initial connection issues. Despite what DreamcastLive.net seems to claim (but clarifies at the bottom of the page for the Connection Guide), it looks like there is more to playing The Next Tetris: Online Edition online than just booting up with a DreamPi. As you saw, if I sent the invite to play, you couldn't connect to my Dreamcast (which was trying to act as the host) as the ports weren't being forwarded; yet if you sent the invite to play, I could connect to your Dreamcast (which was acting as the host) as your ports must have been forwarded. I'll change my configuration to correct that.

Perhaps I should change Tuesday into Tetris Tuesday? Hmm...

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#6 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:56 am

Nz17 wrote:What's wrong, are you pooped? ;-)

Seriously though, thanks for playing. I hadn't been able to play that game online in more than a decade.

Sorry about the initial connection issues. Despite what DreamcastLive.net seems to claim (but clarifies at the bottom of the page for the Connection Guide), it looks like there is more to playing The Next Tetris: Online Edition online than just booting up with a DreamPi. As you saw, if I sent the invite to play, you couldn't connect to my Dreamcast (which was trying to act as the host) as the ports weren't being forwarded; yet if you sent the invite to play, I could connect to your Dreamcast (which was acting as the host) as your ports must have been forwarded. I'll change my configuration to correct that.

Perhaps I should change Tuesday into Tetris Tuesday? Hmm...

i have DMZ set up for my dreamcast because of how many games benefit from it, its almost always a problem if it isnt set up it seems. you can try to do tetris tuesdays but it doesnt seem like a whole lot of people have or play the next tetris

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Re: The Next Tetris: On-line Edition during 2020-Jan-26 @ 3:00 P.M. Mountain Time - Online Dreamcast'ing with Nz17

Post#7 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:49 pm

I will be playing The Next Tetris: On-line Edition during 2020-Jan-26 @ 3:00 P.M. Mountain Time for one hour. Please join me online and enjoy a game of The Next Tetris!

poopidoop wrote:i have DMZ set up for my dreamcast because of how many games benefit from it, its almost always a problem if it isnt set up it seems.

I would consider that, but the problems with using DMZ are:
  • At least one person on here reported his DreamPi getting "pwned" by leaving it with all the ports open thanks to DMZ. It was partially his fault for leaving the DreamPi set with only the default password, but it obviously shows that some people are looking for Pi's with open ports for things like SSH. Granted, I have changed my password to something better, but why take the chance?
  • I have other computers that require the use of open ports and if I used DMZ for the DreamPi it would take all of the port numbers.

poopidoop wrote:you can try to do tetris tuesdays but it doesnt seem like a whole lot of people have or play the next tetris

Well it is no silver bullet, but part of the reason for PSO's success is that there are regularly scheduled game days. It helps to bring people out of the woodwork. After all, there is no reason to go online if nobody else is going to be online and you can't even play while you are waiting for someone to be there.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Re: The Next Tetris: On-line Edition during 2020-Jan-26 @ 3:00 P.M. Mountain Time - Online Dreamcast'ing with Nz17

Post#8 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:08 pm

I love this game too!!! The Rank mode is so addictive. I will try to find challengers.
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Post#9 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:17 am

I've never played this game do you know where I can get the cdi? I'd like to play but being in Britain and usually only having an hour or two in the afternoon I don't get to play with other regions very often. That said I'll try see what I can do

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#10 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:46 am

This game is cool, got 2 versions for CD-R

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/#!SyQjmahR!cadPPCNOiUev3pySSf1dqRrBPBsDASuXcS9EDjfaIB8

Code: Select all

https://mega.nz/#!i6QXjALZ!mE09GyXiDE1rUKZ3Ac2qkITDEvQmQOvcd7AGqj5-12I