Release of a prototype for the Unreleased Dreamcast version of Worms Pinball, when the Dreamcast makes Tilt!

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

sgmx
dirty sailor

Re: Release of a prototype for the Unreleased Dreamcast version of Worms Pinball, when the Dreamcast makes Tilt!

Post#11 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:22 pm

This is absolutely crazy ! Million thanks guy for bringing us this game after so many years :)

streeker
fragger

Re: Release of a prototype for the Unreleased Dreamcast version of Worms Pinball, when the Dreamcast makes Tilt!

Post#12 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:01 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:I followed all these fixes for it
https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/w ... 15794.html

In the first post of that thread an offset within the IP.BIN is mentioned, where the values have to be replaced with 0900. Does anyone recall this offset? Originally it has been revealed via screenshot, but the link to that screenshot seems to be dead by now.

Edit: found it over at segaxtreme: https://segaxtreme.net/threads/wince-cdda-fix.24906/
For the record: Apparently 25C7 (at offset 0x61C0) has to be replaced with 0900.
Have you tried that for "Worms Pinball", Ian?

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#13 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:59 am

megavolt85 wrote:I don't have any problems, gdemu 5.14, tested both original gdi and cdi (cdda doesn't work, but it's a problem with some wince games)

Could you make a CDI without the CDDA? Something that gamers could burn.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#14 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:46 am

MoeFoh wrote:
megavolt85 wrote:I don't have any problems, gdemu 5.14, tested both original gdi and cdi (cdda doesn't work, but it's a problem with some wince games)

Could you make a CDI without the CDDA? Something that gamers could burn.

I made this game with out music is very lacking..

streeker
fragger

Post#15 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:24 pm

Reporting back: GDI works fine on USB-GDROM.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#16 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:54 pm

I'm glad we got a copy of worms pinball.
I honestly have no idea how loloretro gets all of these dc games, it is awesome either way.

are you guys referring to those patches that were being tested a few years ago for games that had issues with cdda even after using all known methods. cdda is a bitch imo and its almost like some games will allow correct order of tracks to be played while others do whatever. afaik there are still some games that I don't think ever got correct working cdda. I'm talking about selfboot cdi's not gdi.

Loloretro
chill

Post#17 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:59 am

Everyone is trying to make a CDI :)

megavolt85
Developer

Post#18 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:12 pm

here is an CDI image with a non-working CDDA, maybe it will come in handy for someone
https://mega.nz/file/w0BznI6Y#KIw0Pv0HV ... O0Hd0D-zIA

bingobongo
minority

Post#19 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:02 pm

Another thank you here - also been reading about this appearing... then disappearing... the almost reappearing for what feels like an eternity now! Another one I can't believe has finally come to light :)

Great work to all involved in making this possible.

This was one of a handful of betas we all knew was out there for over 20 years now - along with Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and the English localization of Shanghai Dynasty. We all saw the GDRoms get sold on, but never saw a public release until many years later.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#20 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:53 am

Well, after burning the cdi file to the disc, all it did was play 39 audio tracks on the Dreamcast (which was fun)...just so whoever attempts what I did understands that this will most likely be your result.
Last edited by Bob Dobbs on Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs