Dee Dee Planet Beta Released!

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Re: Dee Dee Planet Beta Released!

Post#51 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:15 am

SMiTH wrote:so it is wince with cdda. :) (use bincon) good luck getting the audio tracks to play in correct order..
i was able to get the 5 larger sfd from 240mb to 96mb in size. (downsample video and audio)
also mod the voice.afs file in DPETC folder to less than 1mb.
there are many A6 00 00 00 & 6E B0 00 00 in the 1st_read.

when the cdi is made i'm sure all of the 65 sfd files will be downsampled, this way the cdda (audio tracks) could still be added to fit an 80min cdr.
maybe they will go the route of the soul calibur mod on the audio files but it might not be needed.

just posting info for the hell of it.
idk.

i could be wrong about all of this, either way lmk what you have found?

It's not wince, it's katana. It boots even on early versions of nulldc( where wince doesn't work). You don't even have to touch the audio. Just down sample each and every 7mb movie sfd files along with the 200mb + movie file and you don't have to touch anything else. Even my shitty version plays the music correctly.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#52 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:28 am

so the ip.bin for wince and katana bins have SEGAOS used?
is there a different way of hacking katana bins?
when you made your version did you use 45000 lba?
your version uses cdda?
i have no more questions?
?

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#53 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:34 am

SMiTH wrote:so the ip.bin for wince and katana bins have SEGAOS used?
is there a different way of hacking katana bins?
when you made your version did you use 45000 lba?
your version uses cdda?
i have no more questions?
?

I didn't even look at the lba because I used automated method like lazy boot. I simply replaced all 200mb+ movies with one of the 7mb movie and removed two audio tracks. It's boots under nulldc 1.0.0.6( one of the oldest versions) which doesn't even support wince, so yes it's definitely katana. I compared to other people's video of the game and it plays the correct music( on actual hardware) in all spots( matches , menus, everything). I just put together such a crappy version is 2minutes because I didn't want to go through each 7mb video video and chop them in half. That's all you pretty much need to do.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#54 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:37 pm

ok i got it working.
this is the first time i have encountered a katana bin that appears to be wince but its not, i guess the easiest way to test would be if the iso boots and shows wince logo LOL..oh well all i have to compare the katana bins to is stuff from the sdk and i have yet to find any of the bins that appear this way..

about katana bins:

katana bin will show in binhack as a wince bin i.e -- "bincon detected, OS flag set to 0"
in ip4win the ip.bin shows sega os used.
when the os flag is 0 you do not need to use bincon on a katana bin.
you edit 1st_read.bin just as normal and then use binhack.. disregard the bincon detected message.

dee dee needs to be set to 45000 lba at least from what i can tell. (i will retry 11702 lba in a bit and see)
also i noticed the music working correctly without adding cdda?
so are the .raw files actually cdda or what?

idk just posting what i found.
lmk wtf is up with the .raw files that should be cdda or ????

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#55 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:34 pm

well i got it to fit 80min cdr.
downsampled all 65 of the sfd files.
it boots fine, i will test it on a real dreamcast in a bit.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#56 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:47 pm

I thought this be out the same day i did pretty much the same above just used one video swap them could be bothed down sampling them all After playing it could be bothed doing any more not for me this one..

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#57 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:56 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:I thought this be out the same day i did pretty much the same above just used one video swap them could be bothed down sampling them all After playing it could be bothed doing any more not for me this one..

i agree... i figured some1 would have made a selfboot cdi for 80min cdr on the first day this was released by pcwizard.
i guess i will go against what i said earlier about how i don't want to ever make cdi's of betas/prototypes etc.
the fact that no1 took the time to do it makes me think that i should be the one, since its already done.
all thanks goto pcwizard for getting us this game.
upload will be posted soon.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#58 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:37 pm

Begging for this CDI

I received the MODE for my third-ary Dreamcast today n jus sickens me that it's on mute no laser sfx (plus my secondary DreamPi is weefee'd n not even next to the durn router)

So I've my other two just function+form as intended like champs. Any time bud no rushing

EDIT: Does this title really contain 65 blasted FMVs, unless I misinterpret!

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#59 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:25 pm

ya it has 65 fmv's.
5 sfd's had to have audio and video quality downsampled.
60 sfd's had only video downsampled.
learned a few things about katana bins, they use segaOS just like wince games do.
or at least they appear to according to binhack tools.
i'm sure some1 could expand on the subject?

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#60 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:54 pm

anybody still want a decent 80min padded cdi?